Tommaso Tommasi-- Italian painter 18th century?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Tommaso Tommasi-- Italian painter 18th century?

Postby peggymckee » 22 Aug 2007, 17:06

I have a distant relative who says that she is related to the painter Tommasi, first name Tommaso, Italian painter 18th century. Here's a link to a mention of one of his paintings in a church in Pietra Santa. ... asanta.asp

On the web I also found: Tommasi di Pietra Santa, a scholar of the Melani. Anyone know what a "scholar of Melani" is? Pietra Santa is very near Stazzema, the town of my GM's family. I also found his referred to as Tommasi di Stazzema. (In both these citations the surname is spelled Tommazi.)

Are there any Tommasi's out there who know about this painter? Supposedly there is also a son (or maybe a father) named Guglielmo (I think) who was also a painter.

These two books mention Tommaso Tommazi: The Dictionary of Biographical Reference: By Lawrence Barnett Phillips and The History of Painting in Italy: From the Period of the Revival of the Fine Arts to the End of ... By Luigi Lanzi

Many thanks, Peggy M
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi

Return to “Italian Genealogy”