LDS Record Types

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

LDS Record Types

Post by mahart »

Hi evryone,

Does anyone know what kind of information would be found in Allegati, Atti Diversi and Pubblicazioni LDS records for a town?

Regards mark
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Re: LDS Record Types

Post by Cathynap »

Mark,
The pubblicazione is a marriage bann. Not everyone who did a marriage bann got married but you could not get married without one. Here is an example of a pubblicazione from 1879: http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee79 ... ione18.jpg
An Atti Diversi relates to extraordinary events like a late registration of birth or death.
An allegati is a genealogists jackpot! The primary purpose is to register the act of marriage. But various documents pertaining to that marriage are included. Documents that you may find here include, the marriage act, the bride and grooms birth acts, and if deceased at the time of the marriage will also include tha parents birth and death records. I have also seen the grandparents death records included. Occasionally you will find church records of the marriage or baptism of the bride and groom.
Hope this helps.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

And Cathy would know about the acts..have you visited her website? Its full of acts from her town of research, Montalto Uffugo. I think it will get to be like James site on Carini Italy soon..
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cathynap »

Nuccia,
You flatter me! :oops: It's nowhere near James' site but it will get there one day I hope.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Cathynap wrote:Nuccia,
You flatter me! :oops: It's nowhere near James' site but it will get there one day I hope.

No flattery..you earned it.

I thought I would also post this other link here which is an excellent research guide by the LDS...I love these guides!

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... cestor.asp
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mahart »

Hi Kathy & Nuccia,
Apologies for only just getting back but been woking long hours last few days.
Cathy many thanks for the information regarding the records, that really does give me an understanding and allows me to consider the posibilities, and yes Nuccia I had a nose at Cathy's website, it is truly amazing you could not just call it a geanology web site it is truly a heritage gateway for Montalto Uffugo, well done you.

Oh and thanks for the LDS info link Nuccia.

Regards and thanks
Mark
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cathynap »

Wow! Thanks!