HELP !!!! Finis family- Caulonia Reggio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Lauretta

HELP !!!! Finis family- Caulonia Reggio

Post by Lauretta »

:) Looking for our family history and the origin of the Finis surname can anyone help. caio Lauretta Finis Australia[/b]
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are preseently 39 Finis surnamed persons in all of Italy. Approximately half are in Calkabria with 40% in Lombardia and Piemonte regions far to the North and the rest are scattered in the central north part of Italy. The name finis is not listed as an italian surname nor a variation,derivation or alteration of the base name FINI. While Finis is close to Fini it may be that there was an change in the name by accident or error since there are only 39 in all of Italy yet the base name Was first noted as FINUS in 1122AD at Camaldoli in the Toscana region. The chnages to the name appear to be lost in the mist of time. If you know ehre your family originted froim in Itasly you can check for relatives and obtain documents. Please let me know. Peter NYC
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

OOOPS!!! I did not see the town of origin as Caulonia since it is early AM here and your my tomorrow here in NY. There are 13 persons surnamed Finis in Caulonia and there postal code is 89041 in the Reggio Calabria province of Calabria region (as you know). There are 13 persons with the finis surname and if you go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Finis in the first line and Caulonia in the third line and click CERCA you will see the entgire listing by name address and telephone number. Should you elect documents then please let me know. Peter
Lauretta

Post by Lauretta »

Peter,
Many thanks :D :D will look into website
ciao Lauretta
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The 13 persons are probably all related to you so don't hesiate to write and think of all those invitations to visit!! Peter
jmtc77

Post by jmtc77 »

Hi Lauretta,
I will probably go to Caulonia this summer to research for the Raschella family from there and if I find find something interesting in the church records about your Finis family I will let you knoe through this site,
Best regards
Joel
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

GOOD MAN JOEL!! Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

lauretta civil records in Caulonia go back to rthge early 1800's(1802-1805) and prior to that records are in the churches in Caulonia. However I want to remind both you that there are 7 churches in Caulonia that may hvae records of your family so it may help Joel if you find the name of the church or churches that your family frequented. In the meantime youu concentrate on those civil records. peter