INTERMOIA Surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Elizabeth

INTERMOIA Surname

Postby Elizabeth » 28 Apr 2003, 21:31

I am trying to reseach my husband's surname history and genealogy, and I am not getting anywhere. Our surname is INTERMOIA, and my husband's family is in the Napoli area of Italy. His grandfather comes from a small port town of Pozzouli. Anyone with information, PLEASE contact me!!!! :!: Thanks!

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 29 Apr 2003, 00:16

The surname is mispelled.It is INTERMAIO. If you go to the ellisisland site you will see several Intermaio surnames from Pozzuoli. Go to www.paginebianche.it for the Internaio people in Pozzuoli. Put in the correct surname in the first line and Pozzuoli in the third line and click CRCA for the listing , if any. The name must have become mispelled after entry into the USA of your huisband's ancestor. Peter

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 29 Apr 2003, 00:35

Sorry ERROR ERROR. The name is INTERMOIA and that is correct. When they entered the USA it was written correctly but it looked like INTERMAIO. When you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in INTERMOIA 35 surnames weill appear in Pozzuoli. The error was in the passenger manfiest and when it was tranbsposed to the ellisislandrecords.org website it was listed as Intermaio. You can request a change if you go to the www.ellisisland.org website. When you type in Intermoia it ciomes out as non existent and as INTERMAIO within a 94% probability. Sorry for the confusion

Diabolik

Re: INTERMOIA Surname

Postby Diabolik » 10 Aug 2005, 21:25

Hello, also my surname is Intermoia and is of Pozzuoli like your husband. I know the genealogy of our surname because my uncle was one studious that has made many searches. If it interests to you contacts to me in private and I explain to you all. Ciao from Italy!

2010Frank

Re: INTERMOIA Surname

Postby 2010Frank » 01 May 2010, 17:44

Hello, my grandmother's surname was Intermoia, she was from Pozzuoli and I am also trying to research her genealogy. I did see the ellisisland.org entries but does anyone have more information? Diabolik, are you still here? Thanks, Frank

Return to “Italian Genealogy”