Research in Filettino, Frosinone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JIMMYSAL
Rookie
Rookie

Research in Filettino, Frosinone

Postby JIMMYSAL » 30 Aug 2007, 04:39

I am trying to locate information on the small
town of Filettino, Frosinone. My Great-Grandfather
was born there in 1889. I was hoping films were
available from LDS, but nothing is showing up.
Does anyone know if Filettino was part of another
province or region at that time? Maybe even a frazione
of a nearby comune. I have'nt been able to find much
of anything about Filettino. I definitely hit a road block
and praying someone has some knowledge about Filettino.

:D Thank You :D

pink67
Master
Master

Re: Research in Filettino, Frosinone

Postby pink67 » 30 Aug 2007, 07:22

Hi Jimmysal,

this is the link to the "Comune" of Filettino....

http://sommodeo.altervista.org/comune/index2.htm

Laura

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 30 Aug 2007, 15:33

Filettino from ancient history was, always, a Common, no hamleth of other town... Filettino was and is a little town, but a common... and , sure, it was Common, almost from before of 1600 year...
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Essgee
Master
Master

Postby Essgee » 30 Aug 2007, 20:59

Most of the civil records of Lazio...of which Frosinone is a Province...are not on microfilm. That is why you cannot find the comune at the FHL site.

As Suanj pointed out, Filettino definately is a comune.

1809 to 1865 civil records are filmed for most of the area that was in the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies prior to Unification. Other parts have been filmed, but in areas like Lazio...the region you are dealing with...most comunes not been placed on microfilm available through the Family History Library. The listing of available films is sporadic at best for towns within that region.

Afraid you will just have to contact the comune directly.

Biff83
Master
Master

Postby Biff83 » 30 Aug 2007, 22:17

Hi JimmySal, Long time no see!!

http://www.comuni-italiani.it/060/034/

Per the website above, the comune is very small with only about 550 residents so the Stato Civile office probably doesn't get a lot of requests for documents which might work in your favor. On the official website which Laura posted previously under the UFFICI tab, you will find a link to email the Anagrafe/Stato Civile Official Teresa Pietrobono directly. The page also includes address particulars if you decide to write for information. Here's a link to an interactive letter you can use to request documents. Let us know if you need a hand.

Interactive Letter

Best,
Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

patcv

Postby patcv » 08 Jan 2008, 15:26

Hi: My sister and I were in Filettino with our husbands in October, 2007. We were there earlier in August 2007 for the same purpose to visit the comune office and get info on our maternal grandfather, Pasquale Borelli, son of Ippolito Borelli and Anna Bombardieri. Again we failed to get into the comune office for reasons I won't go into. Pasquale or Patsy, my namesake, left Filettino as a boy of 18 to come to America where he settled in Potter County, Pa to work on the legendary logging railroad,the Buffalo and Susquehanna.
However, we were told earlier that records before 1900 were destroyed in a fire. (Patsy was born in 1892 and came to U.S. in 1910.) We visited the cemetery in Filettino this time and discovered one Bombardieri but no Borelli. While in Fiuggi, the spa town, near Filettino I managed to acquire a 2000-2001 phone book for the province of Frosinone with a number of Borelli listings in nearby towns. I intend to contact them. A writer with several books to my credit, I've s written one book on family, "Growing Up Italian in God's Country," I am now attempting to record our travails on the ancestral trail--many of which are humorous.

I will be happy to check aforementioned phone book if anyone has a name they want to search for.

Pat Costa Vigluccipatcosta@rochester.rr.com

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 09 Jan 2008, 15:18

Filettino was part of the Papal States and did not keep civil records until after 1870. If the civil records prior to 1900 were destroyed in a fire then the church is your only option for genealogical research.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

Return to “Italian Genealogy”