Allegati (Nati)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
EricRJones

Allegati (Nati)

Post by EricRJones »

I'm working with the LDs microfilm for Ravenna & Faenza. I understand (or thought I understood) that Allegati are the supplemental documents that were provided in conjunction to a marriage. However, the LDS microfilm for my areas have things like Allegati (matrimoni), Allegati (nati), Allegati (morti) and even Allegati (pubblicanzioni).

Have others encountered this? Are Allegati (nati) supplemental documents relating to a birth or are they the birth records relating to the marriage. I'm confused, and I don't recall Cole's book discussing this issue.

I'm guessing that since there is a large category called Allegati (matrimoni) that Allegati (nati) must be supplmental documents relating to birth record. Is there any way to tell from a birth record itself if supplemental documentation was submitted.

See http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... no=1183807

Thanks for any guidance you can give me.
Emmy
Master
Master

Re: Allegati (Nati)

Post by Emmy »

Sorry I cant help you with your question but have you seen this list for Ravenna?

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... di+Ravenna+++

Emmy
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Allegati (Nati)

Post by Cathynap »

I have only seen allegatti for marriage and Solemn promise of marriage (those pre-date the pubblicazione but are almost the same). I can only assume they would contain similar documents. If this is true, it may give you the parents marriage record. Worth a try!
By the way documents I have found related to the marriage documents included the bride and groom's birth record, their parent's death records (if they were deceased at that time) and their parent's birth records (if the parents were deceased). Of course if the bridge or groom had been previously married, their spouses birth, marriage and death records were there too. Sorry I could not be much help here.