Surnames: Pompelia, Taverozzi, Guiseppe,Naples area

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Bluebird

Surnames: Pompelia, Taverozzi, Guiseppe,Naples area

Postby Bluebird » 12 Sep 2007, 02:46

Hello, Can any one help me? I'm trying to contact my relatives in Italy, all recently from Naples. I know they are somewhere in that area. These would by my two cousins and their families but I don't have their last names!

They are Dora (married to Gaetano) and Ana Maria married to Toni.
Their mother was Maria Pompelia married to Florida Guiseppe (Pena). They lived on Don Luigi Guanella in the Secondigliano area of Naples and Maria and Pena died about 1998. This was the last known contact address. My cousins got married and I don't have their addresses.

Maria's parents were Salvadore Pompelia from Naples and Mercedes Taverozzi, from Campobosso, who had 5 children and my mother was oen of them.

My mother, Maria's sister, is Gelsomina (Pompelia) was a war bride and lives in the UK. She lost all contact after her sister dies and all their information. I did meet Dora and Ana Maria just once and their parents about 30 years ago when I went to Naples with a friend. We didn't communicate in language well but they gave us such a lovely welcome.

So, Dora and Ana Maria have children of their own and probably grandchildren. After their parents died my mother said they moved but she didn't know where! Very frustrating. So I'm searching for any information about them. I really, really would appreciate any help from anyone. I wrote a letter to the address in Naples and haven't heard anything. I may have a lot of relatives I don't know about!
Thanks,
Linda
North Carolina, USA

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surnames: Pompelia, Taverozzi, Guiseppe,Naples area

Postby suanj » 12 Sep 2007, 05:11

so the birth surname of Dora and Anna Maria was Florida? Florida don't exist... it are FLORIDI and FLORITTA ... what are the right? for to know something the better way is to write in the Secondigliano Municipality and/or to Secondigliano's priest because we don't know the married surnames of Dora and Anna Maria... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Bluebird

Re: Surnames: Pompelia, Taverozzi, Guiseppe,Naples area

Postby Bluebird » 13 Sep 2007, 02:14

Thank you Suanj! I will try to get the correct spelling of the last name again from my mother. I never thought of starting research with the local priest! Thanks again, Linda

Return to “Italian Genealogy”