Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Postby mz1000 » 19 Sep 2007, 20:20

Hello all,I'm new to this so could you bear with me.I don't know to much about my family history, as i only met my father on a couple of occaisions and he was very ill and has since passed away.,also his wife [my stepmother]has also passed away and she was the only other person with any information about my past.
My fathers name was Vasco Amadeaus Zambelli i think he was from the Florence area but am not 100% positive,i also believe he had a brother called Franco possibly a hairdresser and also a brother who may have died in the war.He may have worked for the American army in the war.From paperwork i've found it looks as if he was very well travelled, and seems to have worked in the catering/hospitality all of his workinking life.I also believe my father worked as the catering manager on the building of Kariba dam in Africa in the late 1950's early 1960's.He then met a Swiss lady and they then came to England together ,i think Hastings eventually they finished up in Manchester.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”