Itri & Campodimele

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bonval
Rookie
Rookie

Itri & Campodimele

Postby bonval » 23 Sep 2007, 03:47

Buon Giorno! We are searching for family from Itri and Campodimele area. My husband's family ALL still live in Italy but it is his "crazy American" non-Italian wife who has managed to his family research - I now have documented his father's family back to 1768 with copies of many documents and even many of the originals. His father's name - Di Crocco. But we absolutely have had zero results with his mother's family. Her father Valentino Pannozzo came from Campodimele and married (abt. 1890) a gal from Itri - Cristina Marciano (b. abt 1870). That is literally all we know! I have been using the FHL films but cannot find the families! Anyone have any suggestions? We do plan on begging the church when we visit again. Family overseas was pretty pleased with us so far - we have over 690 persons in the tree so far on just his Dad's side.
Bonnie

Michael31
Master
Master

Re: Itri & Campodimele

Postby Michael31 » 26 Sep 2007, 02:30

www.paginebianche.it
cognome: Pannozzo
dove: Campodimele

cognome: Marciano
dove: Itri
www.viamichelin.it
gens.labo.net

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 26 Sep 2007, 03:03

I believe this is the manifest for Cristina. She was traveling with her father Salvatore to New York. She arrived in 1896. Age 27

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0662

Still looking for the manifest of Valentino Pannozzo.

Regards,
Elizabeth

bonval
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bonval » 26 Sep 2007, 14:19

As far as we know Cristina and her husband never left Itri (not to say they positively did not though on perhaps a vacation)-- that is exactly what the problem I am having though, Elizabeth -- I find common names for Pannozzo and Marciano leaving Italy?! But my husband remembers being told that about the year before he (my husband Valentino) was born, Nono Valentino was hit and killed on what was known as Corso Appio Claudio in Itri -- supposedly it was someone in big fancy car from Roma who kept telling everyone he had insurance. Somehow they surmised he was trying to brag he was wealthy but I think now maybe it was more of a man who was shocked at what he had done and did not know what else to say in way of trying to make the impossible right again! But anyway that would be about 1948-1950 era. Thank the Good Lord for the LDS microfilms because the Itri townhall had a fire sometime between 1950's and 1960's that destroyed many records and from what the gentleman there has told me, the rest are very fragile now. He has promised me time to sit one day when we visit to make photos or copies of as much as possible -- he has known the family but our last few visits were timed poorly for the time to match his available times.

itrijay

Postby itrijay » 13 Nov 2007, 02:58

Hi

I read your post and was thinking if you go to Itri, go to the town hall to the birth records. Look through the birth registers from say the years 1865 to 1875 until you find a Cristina Marciano or Maria Cristina Marciano. Sometimes they will put a note about her marriage right there in her birth record. Then you'll have the marriage info and her parents names. I think you would have to go to Campodimele to get Valentino's birth record. But that town is smaller so it may be easier to find. Hey do you know if Piero Burali D'Arezzo is still in charge of the anagrafe at the town hall?

bonval
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bonval » 15 Nov 2007, 00:33

:oops: I am afraid I do not know anyone's names! They are all friends of my husband's family though. Seems like all the same faces were still there about 18 months ago when we were last there.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”