Need Help, Last name DiLenge

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
StevenSpringer

Need Help, Last name DiLenge

Postby StevenSpringer » 24 Sep 2007, 05:26

alright heres the story, I found a natrualization record which stated Innocenzo DiLenge,wife maria dilenge, Frank,Annunziata,Carmelo,Americo,Giuseppe ... all the documents i have on my great grandfather (death certificate his stone in the cemetary and even prayer cards) say Edward DeLenge... on the naturalization records it has the age of frank, 15 in the year of 1917 and would make him born in 1902, my great grandfather was born in 1902 so im guessing his name is frank? im tring to find any types of Italian records (birth, marriage,census,anything) on Innocenzo and my great grandfather (edward) he was born in Grassano Italy .. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you very much :D

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Need Help, Last name DiLenge

Postby BillieDeKid » 24 Sep 2007, 06:59

Manifest for Innocenzo DiLenge. The man listed above him is his cousin and they're both going to the same place in Hartford, Connecticut. Maybe you'll recognize his last name.

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0015

I think you might have to clarify. You mention Innocenzo and his wife Maria - is he your great grandfather? What was Maria's maiden name. Who are Frank, Annunziata, Carmelo, Americo and Giuseppe? Were they born in america or Italy? Were any ages listed or addresses. You say you have naturalization papers for Innocenzo and that all documents you have say Edward, so I believe Edward and Innocenzo are the same person.

This is the only record listing Innocenzo DiLenge (from Grassano) and he came here in 1905 at the age of 27, so his birth would be about 1878 and if Frank is his son then yes his birth would be 1902.

The more information you can give people on the site the easier it will be for them to help you.

Regards,
Elizabeth

StevenSpringer

Postby StevenSpringer » 24 Sep 2007, 07:18

Innocenzo is my great great grandfather.. Frank, Annunziata, Carmelo, Americo and Giuseppe are his children, innocenzo's wifes maiden name is Bertoli... I have the papers for Innocenzo with the Minors listed as frank annunziata carmelo americo and giuseppe.

Im thinking Frank and Edward are the same person, I have edwards death cert. (cause my mother was alive when he died)

i know Frank and Annunziata were born in italy, im not sure on the rest.. they lived at 335 E 9th st. new york new york
the photo i just sent you should help you out let me know if you need more info

StevenSpringer

Postby StevenSpringer » 24 Sep 2007, 07:22

and the last name is Di Nricchio, ive been told about that name i think its his cousin (another genealogist told me that)

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 24 Sep 2007, 08:03

This is a ship's manifesto of a Innocenzo nephew, Francesco Di Lenge ( son of Domenico sure the brother of Innocenzo) and joining to Innocenzo uncle... http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 55110272...

abt Di Nricchio last name, it don't exist in Italy, this surname Di Nricchio....it is the mistaken ... maybe Uricchio? so it could be. Francesco D.co(Domenico) URICCHIO....

and you think that Frank and Edward are same person? regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

drovedo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby drovedo » 24 Sep 2007, 08:29

Have you checked city directories for time period?

Voter Registration records? Assessor's Office's records? (If possible, check actual writtten books, as these usually give more info)

Draft/military records for USA and Italy? I know he was a bit young, however, alot of people lied to get in (Not likely to find actual military record for USA as St. Louis 1973 fire destroyed most records for WWI, WWII, and Korea. Draft board records survive, as do newspaper clippings, medical records in either State Archives or VA, pension board)

Italy still has draft records as well as actual military service records. They should at least have draft registration record for great great grandfather. (they are detailed records).

Find birth records from Italy from the comune they came from for time period. Contact LDS for ordering info of Microfilm.

I agree with suanj, you have to confirm that the names as the same person. I don't think that it is likely they are. But perhaps he used a middle name.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 24 Sep 2007, 08:30

Innocenzo renounced to a first trip:

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Innocenzo Delenge
Name: Innocenzo Delenge
Arrival Date: 31 Mar 1905
Estimated birth year: abt 1878
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Latin
Ship Name: Weimar
Search Ship Database: Search the Weimar in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Line: 17
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_552
Page Number: 60

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/138/ ... ripgj7.jpg
-----------------------------

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Innocenzo Dilenge
Name: Innocenzo Dilenge
City: Manhattan
County: New York
State: New York
Birth Date: 20 Feb 1877
Race: White
Roll: 1765953
DraftBoard: 114
------------------------------
1910 United States Federal Census
about Inocenzo Di Lenze
Name: Inocenzo Di Lenze
[Inocenzo Dilenze]
Age in 1910: 34
Estimated birth year: abt 1876
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Spouse's name: Maria
Home in 1910: Manhattan Ward 17, New York, New York
Marital Status: Married
Year of Immigration: 1905
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Inocenzo Di Lenze 34
Maria Di Lenze 29
Frank Di Lenze 9
Annunziata Di Lenze 5
Carmello Di Lenze 2
Ameinka Di Lenze 3/12
Maria Bertali 50
Armeina Bertali 18
Luiggi de Laeagna 23
Luiggi Micanoanio 26
Henry Cosamela 24

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4903 ... nzotx1.jpg
---------------------
1920 I cannot find ...

---------------------
1930 census: the wife name is Mary as in 1910 census( maybe her first name was Maria Annunziata...)
http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/7374 ... nzocv3.jpg
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

drovedo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby drovedo » 24 Sep 2007, 08:43

Great work! Suanj.

Interesting about 1920 census, sounds like he might be stationed in Europe either in American or Italian Army. (their were still American troops over there at time)
I have Found cases where Americans served in Italian Army.

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 24 Sep 2007, 10:20

Here the 1920 Census:

1920 United States Federal Census
about Frank Delenzi
Name: Frank Delenzi
Home in 1920: Manhattan Assembly District 8, New York, New York
Estimated birth year: abt 1903
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's name: Jammie
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's name: Marie
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Single
Sex: Male
Year of Immigration: 1907
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Image: 669
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Jammie Delenzi 40
Marie Delenzi 35
Frank Delenzi 17
Nancy Delenzi 14
Carmella Delenzi 12
Americo Delenzi 10
Arbeto Delenzi 2 6/12
Joseph Delenzi 8

Laura :)

StevenSpringer

Postby StevenSpringer » 24 Sep 2007, 15:21

wow excellant work guys thanks much.... any way i would be able to get records in Italy?

StevenSpringer

Postby StevenSpringer » 24 Sep 2007, 15:21

and btw, my great grandfathers death cert. says Edward... its confusing me lol

pizzaman

Postby pizzaman » 12 Nov 2007, 13:41

Hi

Your great-grandfather was my Uncle Eddie. Eddie was my fathers older brother. I remember both him and your great-grandmother Ann very well from my childhood. Eddie's father was innocenzo and his wife was Maria. They did own a home in East New York and I remember very well as a child going there almost evey Sunday. Eddie was the oldest of 6 children. It was (in order of birth) Eddie, Nancy, Jimmy, William, Joseph and my dad Albert. I am 55 now and currently living in Ft. Lauderdale.
I still have lots of great pictures of the entire family together and would be more than happy to share them with you. you would be amazed to know just how many relatives you have.
You can email me at ald0908@yahoo.com for any additional information

StevenSpringer

Postby StevenSpringer » 05 Feb 2008, 01:48

pizzaman wrote:Hi

Your great-grandfather was my Uncle Eddie. Eddie was my fathers older brother. I remember both him and your great-grandmother Ann very well from my childhood. Eddie's father was innocenzo and his wife was Maria. They did own a home in East New York and I remember very well as a child going there almost evey Sunday. Eddie was the oldest of 6 children. It was (in order of birth) Eddie, Nancy, Jimmy, William, Joseph and my dad Albert. I am 55 now and currently living in Ft. Lauderdale.
I still have lots of great pictures of the entire family together and would be more than happy to share them with you. you would be amazed to know just how many relatives you have.
You can email me at ald0908@yahoo.com for any additional information

i sent you an email, i hope you get it 8)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”