Last Name of FENZA FENZA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
GFenza89

Last Name of FENZA FENZA

Postby GFenza89 » 24 Sep 2007, 12:39

Hi, anyone else heard of this last name and no what it means. Also i was wandering of anyone could tell me how much Blood i actually share wtih my 2nd Male Cousin. Our Grandfathers are brothers, and My Dad is First Cousins with his Mother. How much blood do i share with him, and if we got blood drawn could they actually find similarities and tell us we were related?? Im really new to this and would really appreaciate a answer of somekind. Thanks alot!!

underground
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Last Name of FENZA FENZA

Postby underground » 24 Sep 2007, 14:34

Hello.

If you ask what means FENZA in Italian, it has no meant.

But it's a dialectical expression in use in Campania, a region at south of Italy, where is Neaples, and it means FENCE.

At this site, typing the surname in the box on the left, you can see the diffusion of a surname on italian territory.
Typing "Fenza" you will see it's most diffusion is just in campania.

http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/

i don't know if this is what you asked for.

Regards,
Antonio

Essgee
Master
Master

Postby Essgee » 24 Sep 2007, 14:45

You are second cousins. You both carry at least 1/8 of the genetic code of your great grandfather...the person you both share. You both also are likely to share 1/8 of the genetic code of your great grandmother...if she is the same to both of you.

Now, what specific Fenza do you want to know about? Full name, place he/she lived/ name of spouse, children/ approximated birth date or death date....

That will provide a chance for us to help you more. If you want something specific on your family, you need to give us specific facts to work from.

Let us know.

GFenza89

Postby GFenza89 » 24 Sep 2007, 14:52

so does that mean we share 1/4 of our genes, since 1/8 added to another 1/8 equals 1/4 of genes shared. Would a blood test confirm this, would it actually come back saying were related with matches?

Essgee
Master
Master

Postby Essgee » 24 Sep 2007, 15:39

NO..........

You need to go to a site that explains the nature of fractions. Your 1/8 and his 1/8 are only 1/8 of either of you......

You can't get more closely related to each other then 1/8 of your genetic code. And a DNA test would confirm this. A blood test, however, might only tell if one of you is pregnant or if you took drugs you weren't suppose to, or had diabetes or something like that.

Now do you have a genealogy question rather then a genetic one?

Oops.......you are correct in part. The one eight I was referring to was from that generation...a combo of your great grandmother and grandfather. It is still only 1/8 of either of you...but a combination of both your ggrandfather and ggmother. So actually you get 1/16th from either and it does get to be 1/8.

YOU ARE RIGHT in the approach and I stand corrected. However, it is only 1/8 th and not 1/4 th.

But you need more then a simple blood test to determine it...you need a DNA analysis.

Forgive me for being so snippy. Made a real fool out of myself.
Guess I got my just desserts! :cry:

GFenza89

Postby GFenza89 » 04 Oct 2007, 11:34

how do you get a DNA test?? i thought blood had enough stuff in it to tell ya that stuff. cause people always say your "blood" related, please tell me cause i have no idea where else to go and ask at

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 04 Oct 2007, 13:37

GFenza89 wrote:how do you get a DNA test?? i thought blood had enough stuff in it to tell ya that stuff. cause people always say your "blood" related, please tell me cause i have no idea where else to go and ask at

Try this site http://www.dnaheritage.com/

misbris
Master
Master

Postby misbris » 04 Oct 2007, 16:00

Here is another site
http://www.dnaancestryproject.com/

Also there is an interesting discussion on our site.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... t=dna.html

Return to “Italian Genealogy”