*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Ingrassano, Nicotra, Baninna, Orlando Families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Ingrassano, Nicotra, Baninna, Orlando Families

Postby oldrustyknight » 04 May 2003, 05:47

Need help in locating any information on these family names - My Great Grandfather - Dominic Ingrassano (d. 1929) m. Filippa Nicotra (d. 1934)(Mirabella Imbarccari, Sicily). They had some 21 kids - of which my Grandfather Vincenzo Ingrassano (b. 16 July 1869 (Caltagirone, Sicily)- d. 21 December 1923 (Rochester NY) m. 8 September 1897 - Francesca Baninna (b. 19 March 1880 Mirabella Imbarccari, Sicily - d. 21 December 1942 - Rochester NY) imigrated to the US in 1914-1915. My Grandmothers parents were: Joseph Baninna (no dates) and Angela Orlando (no dates) from Mirabella Imbarccari, Sicily.

My Aunts: Ida Ingrassano m. Veto Bonnano; Filippa Ingrassano m. Luigi Balsamo
My Uncle: Dominic (Donald Ingerson) Ingrassano m. Lucy Sinapoli

Any help would be greatly appreciated - chuck
"Life's field isn't arranged by vertical standards - it's horizontal by design and so is Heavenly Fathers love and Kingdom - none should seek a vertical leap - but all should remember we are all his children each with different missions and that we'd
oldrustyknight

Postby ptimber » 04 May 2003, 05:53

Since you have several surnames that you wish to research, I would recommend that you follow the natural progression of starting at the end and working backwards from the USA to Italy so thaty you will amass the information you need to obtain odcuments in their twons of origin which is full name, date or year of birth and town of origin. Should you require the services of translations of form letters and the like then when you get to the point in your research then get back to me. www.ellisisland.org is a good place to obtain most of the information you will need. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby astrorse » 04 May 2003, 22:46

ORLANDI-From the first name Orlando, derived from the old name Rolando
zA zA
astrorse

Postby ptimber » 05 May 2003, 00:21

Astrorse: DITTO you are an intellectual boor. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 05 May 2003, 14:27

Dear burnt siena metal! I furnished you with the necessary instructions to start off with. Go backwards and start with ellisisland.org websitge. We do not conduct research we merely direct you to approrpiates webnsites and addresses and help you reach your objectives. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy