Marcacci Surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
étoile-de-mer

Marcacci Surname

Postby étoile-de-mer » 08 Oct 2007, 03:59

I am looking for information on the Marcacci family. My gg grandmother was Ester Marcacci and her father's name was Alessandro, but I can't seeem to find anything about this family.

The only things I know for sure is that Ester married Gusieppe Italiano Casini in Lari, Italy and their first son was born there. She was born around 1882. The surname doesn't seem to exist in most surname databases.

Has anyone come across this surname?

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Marcacci Surname

Postby wldspirit » 08 Oct 2007, 06:42

Welcome to ItalianGenealogy!!
Are you looking for US records or Italian records??
If US records, please provide more details such as the state/town in which they lived, names of children and any birthdates you may have for the family....this way, researchers can be assured they have located the correct family and info......

We have a great team here.... :D and I'm sure they will turn up something of interest!!
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 08 Oct 2007, 08:39

étoile-de-mer wrote:I am looking for information on the Marcacci family. My gg grandmother was Ester Marcacci and her father's name was Alessandro, but I can't seeem to find anything about this family.

The only things I know for sure is that Ester married Gusieppe Italiano Casini in Lari, Italy and their first son was born there. She was born around 1882. The surname doesn't seem to exist in most surname databases.

Has anyone come across this surname?

Marcacci is a surname of Lari as aalso Casini.. regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

étoile-de-mer

Postby étoile-de-mer » 08 Oct 2007, 15:40

Good to know they are both surnames of Lari.

For this side of the family my father was the first one born in America, so it didn't take long to exhaust the records here. :D

Both Guiseppe and Ester were born in Lari as far as I know. All I have is an approximate birth year for Ester (1882), I don't have hardly anything about Guiseppe. This is partly because he divorced Ester and left the family (in Algeria) when most of the kids were fairly young, returning to visit them once, maybe twice at the most.

Does anybody know anything about Lari? The only thing I know is that it is in Toscana, I think in Pisa.

Biff83
Master
Master

Postby Biff83 » 08 Oct 2007, 16:46

Official website for Comune di Lari
Includes photos and historical information.

Map of Lari

There are still Casini and Marcacci's in Lari. Open the following link and type the surname in the Cognome field and Lari in the Dove field, then click Cerca.
Pagine Bianche

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

berland

Postby berland » 04 Feb 2009, 15:40

Hi. I'm researching my Marcacci family, too. They came from Lizzano, Bologna, and that is only about 100 km from Lari. It would probably be pretty hard to find out how they're related without knowing a lot more information, and probably actually going to Italy to view the records they have there, but I just thought I'd say hello anyways. = )

Return to “Italian Genealogy”