Campagna from Trabia to see Rinella in McKeesport

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Campagna from Trabia to see Rinella in McKeesport

Postby Marlena » 14 Oct 2007, 09:12

Hello again !

Can you help me with reading this manifest? Line #24 is Giuseppa Campagna.
http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx= ... paqua&st=g
I'm trying to find how the person line #23 , I think it's Giuseppa Rinella but the ellis island says another spelling, is related. Also, line #35, is that a brother ?

My father said we were related to the Campagna's and Giuseppa#24 is going to see her brother in law, Salvatore Rinella, my Great Uncle. But...the writing is is hard to decipher if it's her or person on line #23. Help!

Thanks as always,
Marlene Rinella Caredio
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.

pink67
Master
Master

Re: Campagna from Trabia to see Rinella in McKeesport

Postby pink67 » 14 Oct 2007, 09:24

Hi,

I read:

line 23 Rinella Giuseppa Age 32 - female - married - housewife
final destination: McKeesport PA going to her husband Campagna Giuseppe and brother Rinella Salvatore and then it seems Elisabeth P (?) 918 Gerome Street McKeesport PA

line 24: Campagna Giuseppa Age 17 - female - single - housewife
same final destination and going to her father Campagna Giuseppe

line 25: Campagna Giuseppe Age 9 - male
same final destination going to his father Campagna Giuseppe

Hope this help....
Laura

Marlena
Elite
Elite

Postby Marlena » 14 Oct 2007, 23:51

Thanks Pink67- you were right after I went back and looked.

My 90 y/o Dad was right, too! I just can't find any more on this family, no census or death records. All we know is that the son, Giuseppe, (maybe Dad,too) was an attorney and lived in Rochester ,NY.
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.

Marlena
Elite
Elite

Postby Marlena » 15 Nov 2007, 20:43

Is anyone able to help me find a census on this family? I know the son, Giuseppe, was an attorney and my Dad went to visit them in Rochester,NY back around 1945.

From above,
Elisabeth P (?) 918 Gerome Street McKeesport PA- Is there a town called Elisabeth in PA ?

Thank You as always!
Marlene Rinella Caredio

Return to “Italian Genealogy”