Baton Rouge Archives/Marriage Certificate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
yjg1111
Rookie
Rookie

Baton Rouge Archives/Marriage Certificate

Postby yjg1111 » 16 Oct 2007, 07:36

A very nice person on this forum actually went to the Diocese of Baton Rouge and found a sacramental marriage record for my great grandparents for me. I have since obtained this document but in speaking with the archivist she said their church record stated that the marriage license was obtained in East Baton Rouge. I have contacted the East Baton Rouge civil archives and they claim to have no civil record for this marriage. Does anyone in the Baton Rouge area have access to the East Baton Rouge civil archives? I am just not sure how thoroughly they looked. I am trying to find the civil record of marriage for my dual citizenship. I think the Italian consulate will accept a notarized and apostilled sacramental record but if possible I would like to find the civil record. I don't know if anyone can help me with this but it would be greatly appreciated. My great grandparents were married in St. Michael Church in Convent, Louisiana but I contacted the St. James Parish and they did not have a civil record. I also contacted the Ascension Parish who did not have a record. Any ideas??? My great grandparents were Salvatore Milazzo/Melazzo and Luigia/Louisa/Luizia Zuma/Zummo. The marriage date on the sacramental record is February 8, 1891. Thanks! I appreciate any help with this.

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Baton Rouge Archives/Marriage Certificate

Postby nuccia » 17 Oct 2007, 01:37

I would contact member ricbru. A few months back, I gave him links to several Louisiana resources but I no longer have them saved on my desktop.

You can contact him by PM through the forum or through his website...

http://www.siciliangenealogyonline.com/

Hope this helps.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

yjg1111
Rookie
Rookie

Postby yjg1111 » 18 Oct 2007, 17:07

Thank you so much! I appreciate the information.

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Postby nuccia » 18 Oct 2007, 18:07

My pleasure. Let me know how it goes. :D
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

Return to “Italian Genealogy”