pacelli from san salvatore

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

pacelli from san salvatore

Postby dragoni » 31 Oct 2007, 03:15

i need some help, if possible, in finding other pacelli family researchers as i do not have access to church records. i have a death record for my g-g-g-g-g-gf pasquale pacelli who died in 1818 in san salvatore telesino at age 79 placing his birth around 1739. his first marriage was to a maria rosa niglio, his second to a benedetta d'orso. pasquale's father is identified as gennaro. i can found out sibling information but no other direct information on microfilm. any help would be appreciated.

tommaso

Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Re: pacelli from san salvatore

Postby Edmondo » 02 Nov 2007, 18:20

How sure are you about the correct spelling of Niglio and D'Orso?
Could Niglio be Nigro and D'Orso be D'Orsi?

The surnames Pacelli, D'Orsi and Nigro can be found in Valle dell'Angelo (SA) but it can be a coincidense if you are sure about the spelling.
Tandem fit surculus arbor

dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Re: pacelli from san salvatore

Postby dragoni » 03 Nov 2007, 03:41

based on multiple documents for each i am fairly confident of the spelling for niglio. almost, nut not as certain for d'orso - four out of five documents look like d'orso for sure, one could be d'orsi. there are other folks located in the same comune - san salvatore - with the same spelling of the names - niglio and d'orso.

i realized i forgot to mention i know the comune for certain - san salvatore. i also know of at least one church around that time period where some family members were baptised - chiesa dell' assunta. i have the address for that church compliments of suanj.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”