Salvatore Peluso?????

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
astrorse

Salvatore Peluso?????

Post by astrorse »

My great- great- grandfather, Giuseppe Zinna, came to Ellis Island in 1906. On the ships manifest, it says that Giuseppe intended to go to 'his cousin Salvatore Peluso'. No one in my family has ever heard of anyone by that name. The address I am unable to make out, because of poor handwriting. It looks like 'Onuliss SL [or AL] 238'. I dont' know how to track this man.
P.S. If you would like to see the manifest, it is on http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... F&fromEI=1

Giuseppe is on line 7.
Giuseppe had, at this point, already lived in America. He first came over in 1903. This time (1906), he went back to get his son Letterio, who you can see on line 8.
zA zA
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Sorry I casnnot identify the street with the only place it might have been which is Brooklyn since this is the place od last residence in the USA. Peter
astrorse

Post by astrorse »

Wait, you found records of him?
zA zA
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

only what you provided. You will see in the manifest that he formerly resided inBrooklyn alongside to the left of the illegible address. Peter
astrorse

re

Post by astrorse »

So, do you think it would be worth it to continue investigation on him? I know almost nothing about Giuseppes life in Italy or his ancestors, so maybe it would be worth it (Giuseppe said Salvatore was his cousin)? Is it possible that Giuseppe made him up? Is there a way I can look up Salvatore Peluso (in some sort of phone book of the time?)?
Thanks
zA zA