Searching for "Capi"

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Binah

Searching for "Capi"

Post by Binah »

[align=left]
Hi all, my forefathers came from Lombardy/Como/Germasino. I have a copy of the birth certificate of Vincenzo Capi, born 5. April 1764, who left Italy for Austria. His descendents migrated to Germany. Today - here I am.

What are my possibilities to proceed my research, because the name Capi existed also in Spain in the 16-hundreds.

Greetings
Binah[/align]

In addition: Vincenzo Capi left Italy for Austria as a very young man. His profession was farmer.

His Fathers name was Giovanni Capi, his mothers name Maria Carinalli.
The certificate copy is made out from pastor/priest Stephano Barloni and confirmed from Pastor/priest Bartolomeo Mornatti of parrocchia Sancta Donato & Clemente.
Michael31
Master
Master

Re: Searching for "Capi"

Post by Michael31 »

CARINELLI Molto raro è tipico del sudmilanese e del lodigiano, deriva da un vesseggiativo del cognomen latino Carinus portato ad esempio da Marcus Aurelius Carinus (250-285d.C.) fatto imperatore di Roma nel 283.
integrazioni fornite da Mario Carinelli
Le origini della famiglia Carinelli si perdono a S Angelo Lodigiano, ai tempi dell'occupazione spagnola del milanese.
www.cognomiitaliani.org
www.paginebianche.it
cognome: Carinelli dove: Lombardia
cognome: Cappi dove: Germasino
cognome:Capi dove: Lombardia
Binah

Post by Binah »

Its a quick response, I think. Thank you. But -

is it possible to translate this for me? I can't understand Italian language, alas!

Thanks a lot!

Binah
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Someone will be able to give you a better translation but until they do Michael is saying that the name Carinelli is a very rare last name and is found south of Milan around a town called Sant' angelo Lodigiano. The name is based on the name of the Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius Carinus. It dates to the time of the Spanish occupation of Milan.

My Italian is not so good, so I am sure I left something out, but it is a rare name from Lombardy.

Mary Jo