Requestind birth records from Rota Greca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Dsato

Requestind birth records from Rota Greca

Postby Dsato » 24 Nov 2007, 23:21

I went on the web to find the Rota Greca Civil office to request the birth records for my granmother and unfortantly it is all in Italian and I do not read or speak it....Whatdo I do and where do I send for these documents?
Diane

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Requestind birth records from Rota Greca

Postby BillieDeKid » 25 Nov 2007, 00:16

Hi Diane,

Here is the link so you can order the LDS films for Rota Greca. These films include birth (nati), death (morti) and marriage (matrimoni). You should be able to find your grandmothers birth record if she was born between 1809 and 1910. Write down the film numbers you would like to view with the description. The cost is approximately $5.50 USD per film and it takes 2 to 4 weeks to receive the films.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... o+civile++

Find your closest Family History Center (FHC) - I've provided you with the link
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Even though the documents are in italian, it's not difficult to pick out your grandmothers name. Here is a sample to look at. You'll see the persons (child born) name is large and will either be on the left side or the right side. So you should be able to find your grandmothers with no problem.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1051/g ... ge1qa1.png

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Elizabeth

Dsato

Postby Dsato » 25 Nov 2007, 00:32

thank you so much for your help! I will let you know

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 25 Nov 2007, 00:35

Diane

I changed the image of the birth act, I didn't realize it was viewing with white letters and a black background. I switched it out. After you click the link, just click on the image and it will enlarge.

Hope it helps you. When you get your document you can post it here on the forum and someone will translate it for you.

Dsato

Postby Dsato » 25 Nov 2007, 00:56

Elzabeth, I do have one one question. I may br able to pick out my grandparents name, but what about all the other info I need to read? What if I do not have an interperter to help me with the other information when I recieve the film.
Diane

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 25 Nov 2007, 04:38

Hi Diane,

I don't mean to be dense but can you be more specific about all the other info you need to read? Pertaining to the birth acts? Or pertaining to something else? I want to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Thanks
Elizabeth

Dsato

Postby Dsato » 25 Nov 2007, 16:31

What kind of info is on these milms. Maybe I am thinking there is alot more info then what is really on the films. Is there just their names?

Diane

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 25 Nov 2007, 17:02

If you look at the image I posted I was showing you what a typical birth act looked like. When you get the films there will be a large black with white lettered page (first page) that will say either Nati (birth) with a span of years Nati 1809 to 1845 (for example) or Morti (death) with span of years or Matrimoni (marriage) with a span of years. So if it's Nati 1809 to 1845 you will see nothing but birth acts for the years starting with 1809 and going through 1845. Same if morti or matrimoni - nothing but death acts for the said years or marriages for the said years. Take another look at the link I posted and see what you think.

By the way - I'm in Lake Zurich IL just over the state line from you!! If you need help let me know, we're only about 35 40 minutes away from each other.

Elizabeth

Dsato

Postby Dsato » 25 Nov 2007, 17:37

Yes you are very close to me. I work in North Chicago also. The link you sent was for a web site. There was a example earlier that I saw a name on but that was all. So, Let me under stand that these films would only tell me when she was born? Does it state the mother or fathers names? Or if they were orphaned?

Diane

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 26 Nov 2007, 00:57

Hi Diane,

Here is the example of a birth act again - just click the link and when the image comes up click on it (anywhere) and it will readjust to your screen.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1051/g ... ge1qa1.png

Typical birth acts include newborns name, year/month/day/hour and minute of birth, parents names, father of each parent (not the mother) ages of the parents, occupations of the parents, ages of the parents fathers and occupations, place of residence for each person, if the child was legitiamte or not, witnesses and midwife if one was used. They have alot of info on them.

Let me know if you need help. Let me know if you are going to order films and where your FHC is. If it's not all that far I can meet you on a Saturday and help you find your grandmothers birth act. There might even be one near N. Chicago that you could go to after work and I could meet you. The one nearest me is in Buffalo Grove - about 15 minutes from my house. I'd be happy to help you if I can.

Dsato

Postby Dsato » 27 Nov 2007, 18:13

Elizabeth,
Can you please walk me threw on how to order these films and what forum to use when ordering them. Then when I get them I would appricate it if you could help with the reading of them. Do you have a yahoo e-mail address? Mine is disato2002@yahoo.com. Please let me know so I can get started.
Thanks!

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 28 Nov 2007, 14:49

Hi Diane,

I've sent you a PM check your in box.

Elizabeth

Return to “Italian Genealogy”