SURNAME NOVELLA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JERSEYCHICK

SURNAME NOVELLA

Post by JERSEYCHICK »

I AM LOOKING FOR MY ANCESTORS AND WHAT PART OF ITALY THEY WERE FROM OR ANY INFORMATION IN CONNECTION TO THE LAST NAME NOVELLA. IF ANYONE HAS INFORMATION PLEASE LET ME KNOW. :roll:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

In order to know your ancestors you must have to know their full names and their town of origin in Italy. There are currently 477 persons in Italy with the Novello surname and 40% are in the Piemonte and Liguria regions of the NW part of Italy and the rest spread out down to lazio and the Campania region to the south. The surname means new or young and was applied as a first name originally to members of the same family when either an older child died and was replaced by "new" child. This was started out as a first namne during the middle ages and later became a second or surname. There were 109 persons who immigrated from Italy to the USA surnamed Novello and if you go to www.ellisisland.org you will find their entry information. You may also find your ancestor if you know his or their fullname(s). If you know the town of origin then get back to me. Peter