How to find birth records from sicily?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

How to find birth records from sicily?

Postby ChrisMosca » 11 Dec 2007, 16:03

Sorry for all the questions but i'm very new to this. I'm looking for birth certificate or any information really I can get on Francesco Azzolina, what I know is that he came to Ellis Island on Dec 31 of 1902, he was born on May 8th of 1885 i believe in sicily He died in Sep 1977 in milwaukee, WI I don't know anything about his parents or brother and sisters. On the Ellis Island record it shows S.Stefano Lia as being his last place of residence not sure where that is.
thanks again for all the help.
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).

eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Re: How to find birth records from sicily?

Postby eyetalgal » 11 Dec 2007, 17:28

Hi

I took a look at Francesco's Manifest. I didn't read it as S. Stefano Lia, it looks like S Stefano Ca to me Possibly Santo Stefano di Camastra, a commune in Messina, Sicily. I think you'll find other Azzolina's from there also.

Angelina

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 11 Dec 2007, 21:08

Hello,
That is Santo Stefano di Camastra for sure.
This is the address of Santo Stefano di Camastra civil record office (the only place where you can find his birth record, as a starting point to know at least the names of his parents, helpful to find his siblings too)

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Palazzo, 1
CAP 98077
Santo Stefano di Camastra (ME)
Italy

Write only in italian, send the request via regular mail and add to it an envelope plus italian stamp and your ID.

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Postby ChrisMosca » 12 Dec 2007, 05:17

thank you very much eyetalgal and ricbru!!!!! this makes me very happy.
thanks again.
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).

Return to “Italian Genealogy”