Frank Figoni/Figone naturalization information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nfig1
Rookie
Rookie

Frank Figoni/Figone naturalization information

Postby nfig1 » 14 Dec 2007, 20:20

I was referred to this site through someone from another forum who told me you guys are excellent at digging up information. In order to confirm my right to dual citizenship I must confirm the date of my great-great grandfather's naturalization. The 1920 census shows 1913. (Well, it actually shows 1885, and year of immigration as 1913. But someone obviously just reversed the two by accident. One cannot be naturalized 28 years before one arrives.) My great-grandfather, Louis Figoni, later Louis Figone, was born in California in 1888. I also need to find out the town in the Liguria region in which Frank was born and married. I was told Genoa. He was born in January 1860 and emmigrated to the Bay Area in California in 1888. Based on census documents, he changed the spelling of his last name from FIGONI to FIGONE sometime between 1910 and 1920, so his declaration of intent and naturalization certificate may have different spellings. Thank you very much indeed.

vj
Master
Master

Re: Frank Figoni/Figone naturalization information

Postby vj » 15 Dec 2007, 01:16

Not having any luck on your naturalization records
We all did find a few more connections on your
other post:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =8228.html

One possible source for locating
San Francisco naturalization records
norcal