Carotenuto/DeLuca family - Naples, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Carotenuto/DeLuca family - Naples, Italy

Postby TinaMarie » 19 May 2003, 15:28

My grandfather was born in Naples (Torre Del Grecco section) around 1890 his name was Antonio Carotenuto and he had atleast three sisters, two I know the names of Julia, Rosa and one sister who married and her last name was DeLuca. He has one nephew who is an archbishop. Archbishop Domenico DeLuca of Morocco. Domenico has brothers who I think still lives in Naples. One I remember is Vincenzo who I had visited with in December 1971 and January 1972 when I came with my grandfather to visit the homeland and to meet my Italian relatives. If there is anyone out there that can help me contact any of my relatives or who can give my email address to them I would greatly appreciate it. My father is getting on in years and is not in good health and I would like for him to know about his first cousins living Italy. In advance I would like anyone who can help me out. Thank you! :lol:
TinaMarie

Postby ptimber » 19 May 2003, 15:49

Tina I would like to help you very much and I can but you have to have the town where your relatives lived? when you went to visit what town was it? The City of Naples or Torre Del Greco? n Italy like here telephone direcxtories and records go by the town or the city. Torre Del greco is a separate town from Naples. Here is what you do so you can figure it out yourself. Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the last name of the people yoiu want to look up in the FIRST LINE and then put in the town in the THIRD LINE and then click CERCA (in red) and a listing of those people with the name you want in that particular town will show up if they are living there and have a telephone. For Instance you put in Carotenuto in the first linbe and Torre Del Greco in the third line and click Cerca and see what comes up. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 19 May 2003, 16:01

Dear Tina I checked for you and there are 45 people in the Comune of Torre Del Greco with the last name Carotenuto. So go to the www.paginebianche.it website and see the list for yourself. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby norbertogallo » 24 May 2003, 19:06

Hi Tina,

Peter is right about the difference between Torre del Greco and Naples; moreover, is possible that your relatives are now living in another 'comune' on the gulf.
I can suggest you another way: here in Italy you can affidate your self to the catholic church ;-)
To be serious, you have as relative the Archibishop Domenico De Luca, "Nunzio Apostolico presso il Re del Marocco". He has a relevant role in catholic hierarchy; he was born in 1928 and still lives; here you can see him in a recent image http://www.comuneviggiano.it/domenico_de_luca.htm

I think that you can easily contact him, telling him that you are a relative and that your father wants to meet his cousins living in Italy.
You can try these addresses of the "nunziatura apostolica del Marocco"
Mailing Address: Souissi-Rabat, rue Beni M'tir, B.P. 1303 R.P.
Tel: 212-37 772277
In each case you can ask to the Marocco Embassy.

Good Luck
norberto
norbertogallo

Postby ptimber » 24 May 2003, 21:49

Thank you Norberto for taking the time to furnish Tina with the address in Morocco. She shoulkd have no problems now. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy