CORLETO (CORLETTO) FAMILY - ITALY TO SCOTLAND 1900?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
clettis

CORLETO (CORLETTO) FAMILY - ITALY TO SCOTLAND 1900?

Postby clettis » 20 May 2003, 00:35

CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND MY GREAT GRANDPARENTS.
ARRIVED IN SCOTLAND EARLY 1900 CORLETTO AND PONDARELLI FAMILES MARRIED.
ANY NEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
cristina dahou

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 20 May 2003, 01:33

do you know the town they came from in Italy. All records and history are in the town oforigin. Have you checked the 1910 census?? Peter

snoplumc

Re: CORLETO (CORLETTO) FAMILY - ITALY TO SCOTLAND 1900?

Postby snoplumc » 08 Jun 2005, 05:48

If you could find out what part of Italy they came from that might be very helpful to me as well. My last name is Corleto and ive been trying to find information of my great-grandparents who moved to Massachusetts in the early 1900's from a little ways outside of Rome.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 08 Jun 2005, 06:45

Have you located them on a ship manifest, which may list town of origin?
You can also place them on census which will list naturalization info.....you can then send for the paperwork..........
wldspirit

saverone

Postby saverone » 08 Jan 2006, 13:22

My mother, now 87, is a CORLETTO, family from Milano, but her Grandmother (father Adolfo Corletto's side) was Austrian her name was Rosalinda Sheiber, doughter of a RADETZKY OFFICER and a NOBLE WOMAN from MANTOVA! she married ORESTE CORLETTO.
I only found out all this recently going through some old documents.
It would be nice to know more about the SHEIBER side, hoping that the spelling is correct!

Blanchee

Postby Blanchee » 09 May 2009, 15:06

I have recently joined this site. Are you a daughter/granddaughter of Carmella. If yes, my grandfather was Carmella's oldest brother Louis. I don't know if you have now found out more info about the family. If not I can inform you of what I have found out up to now.

f5JON

Postby f5JON » 28 May 2009, 14:31

Corletto surname is not, has never ever been of French origin. Corletto in its spelling is precise and has never been altered or mispelt in any way since arrival to Scotland, early 1900s by wee Charlie and his gang. I know because i am a true born Corletto, J M Corletto (jnr) son of J M Corletto (snr) of Glasgow's East End.

Blanchee

Postby Blanchee » 29 May 2009, 09:38

Thanks for the info. I never ever believed the story about French origin. A couple of cousins came up with that story. I am also a true Corletto. My Grandad was Louis (Pop), the oldest son of Gerardo and Susannah, so wee Charlie's big brother. My father John was a son of Louis.
By the way you mention early 1900s as arrival of wee Charlie and his gang. Gerardo the father arrived in England/Scotland late 1880s/early 1890s and married his first wife in 1892 in Scotland. She died in 1895. He married great Granny Susannah in 1896.

f5JON

Postby f5JON » 31 May 2009, 11:48

Blanchee wrote:Thanks for the info. I never ever believed the story about French origin. A couple of cousins came up with that story. I am also a true Corletto. My Grandad was Louis (Pop), the oldest son of Gerardo and Susannah, so wee Charlie's big brother. My father John was a son of Louis.
By the way you mention early 1900s as arrival of wee Charlie and his gang. Gerardo the father arrived in England/Scotland late 1880s/early 1890s and married his first wife in 1892 in Scotland. She died in 1895. He married great Granny Susannah in 1896.

HI BLANCHE THIS IS THE INFORMATION I HAVE GERARDO CORLETTO BORN 1865 NAPOLI SUSANNAH PONDERELLI BORN ITALY 1874 THEY MARRIED 1896 ST ALPHONSIS GLASGOW CHILDREN OF GERARDO AND SUSANNAH WERE LUIGI CORLETTO BORN 27 APRIL 1896 41 CHARLOTTE STREET GLASGOW CARMINE CORLETTO BORN 3 AUG 1897 MIRIAM TERRACE SHETTLESTON DIED 1972 ISSOBELLA LEONIGIA CORLETTO BORN 23 DEC 1900 GIACOMO CORLETTO BORN GLASGOW 1902 DIED 31 DEC 1906 BELVIDERE HOSPITAL GLASGOW NICOLAS CORLETTO BORN 1904 IN GLASGOW DIED 28 SEPT 1923 ALBERT CORLETTO BORN 1912 606 OLD SHETTLESTON ROAD GLASGOW DIED OCT 1995 120 TOLLCROSS ROAD GLASGOW CARMELLA CORLETTO BORN OCT 1915 IN GLASGOW SHE SPENT ADULT LIFE IN LONDON I NEVER KNEW MY GRANDFATHER CHARLIE ALTHOGH HE ONLY LIVED A MILE AWAY NEVER EVER SENT US A BIRTHDAY CARD A SWEETIE OR SPOKE TO US SEEN HIM ABOUT TWICE ONLY WE WERE NOT OF THE SAME RELEGION /FAITH AS HIM A BITTER WEE FELLOW HIS LOSS I LIKE TO THINK THAT SAID WE WERE VERY CLOSE TO HIS WEE BROTHER ALBERT A LOVELY MAN AND HAD BEEN TO MANY A NEW YEAR PARTY WITH HIM. WEE ALBERT HAD NO CHILDREN HE WAS MARRIED VERY SADLY HIS BRIDE DIED ON THERE WEDDING DAY WE COULD NEVER ASK HIM WHY I KNOW YOU KNOW OF THE CHIP SHOP IN WHITEINCH GLASGOW I APOLOGISE IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS INFORMATION AND I MUST SAY IT HAS BEEN A PLEASURE BEING IN CONTACT WITH ANOTHER CORLETTO

Blanchee

Postby Blanchee » 31 May 2009, 15:48

Hi John,

Thanks for all your info, which I had anyway, but it's nice to know that some other Corletto is interested to know where we came from. As you said about Uncle Albert, he was lovely. Everyone in the family liked him. I personally hadn't seen him for years.
I was more fortunate than you. I had a great Grandad (Louis known by many as Pop) and Granny, who I loved. I've got great memories of both of them. Though, I heard over the years that Granny wasn't liked by everyone, even one of her own daughters, Margaret. But, she was a great Granny to her grandchildren, that I do know.
Are you the father of Kyrsten? Through my cousin Louise in Australia I was able to see the photos that she got from Kyrsten. My Dad John was the photographer (it was his hobby, which he was really good at). I couldn't believe it when I saw the printed card with my Dad's info on it. It is something none of our family had.
I'm trying to get as many old photos as possible of the great uncles and aunts to pass on to the family. I got a few from Louise. I'm going to try and get some from my Auntie Nessie (my Dad's older sister). She's the only one living now from the 7 children!
Anyway I've babbled on, which I always do. Thanks again for the info.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”