Arberesh portal

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gbellizzi

Arberesh portal

Postby gbellizzi » 17 Dec 2007, 21:32

Any arberesh there? I post for you the web site of the main arberesh community on the web:
www.jemi.it
you can register there to receive news, to see photos, videos and other documents.
Take care,
Gennaro

JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: Arberesh portal

Postby JamesBianco » 28 Dec 2007, 00:16

I have a little Arberesh in me. My ancestor Mattea Norcia, from Piana Degli Albanisi (Plane de Grecorum in the Latin records) married 1651 Carini, Sicily to Carlo Marciano. I descend from her 7 times in 7 different lines.

I have always been fascinated by the Arberesh immigration to Italy and Sicily.

Thanks for the linkage..

Jim

Aether
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Arberesh portal

Postby Aether » 28 Dec 2007, 06:23

:) James Bianco, Hello!
I assume you live in Quebec - I spend a few months in Calgary, the rest in California, and as much as possible in Italy. And yes, I do have Italian and Arberesh, French and Spanish ! Just back from visiting my Calabria bizantina!
I am a historian, done a little genealogy as "support" to my work, but nothing in the level I find in this forum. My family on my father's side been in Italy from the 1500s, we are mentioned by name on a book on the life of Scanderbeg (publ. MDLXXX).
I am fascinated by genealogy and the work done in this forum. All branches of my family are known to me, but always possible to find more , as obviously you have done!
Regret not know much arberesh, but sure I can learn. In Calabria I can pick up much of the dialects.
I really love to read all the posts, may able to contribute something in the future, but afraid to make a fool of myself.
Must tell Nucia, that this last trip I missed Locria! Unforgivable!
All the best for 2008, and thank you!
Aether
"Fiori di grano.
Amici piu' di prima saremo;
Amici piu' di prima da lontano".

Return to “Italian Genealogy”