Looking for Cervaresi Family ties - HELP!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Angela13

Looking for Cervaresi Family ties - HELP!

Postby Angela13 » 19 Dec 2007, 14:44

Hi There,

I have just joined this site and hope that someone can help me with my search for my dad's family roots. The names I have so far are that of his grandmother - Vincenza Tomassi, and Great Grandfather - Antonio Tomassi.

I know that they came from Cervaro outside Monte Cassino but I can't seem to trace them actually coming to the UK or leaving Italy, nor can I get any further back that this. Is there someone out there who can help me?

Thanks so much if you can,

My name is Angela and I hope to speak to you all soon,

Thanks, :?:

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Cervaresi Family ties - HELP!

Postby PeterTimber » 19 Dec 2007, 23:13

You can gol to your nearest Mormon church family history library (www.familysearch.org for location) and rent out the microfilm of the civil records for Cervaro, Postale 03044 (Frosinone province) Lazio region for all births,marriages and deaths from 1810-1944. The cost is now about $5.00 US$.

Family oral history might help you pinpoint the approximate year of their arrival in merry old UK and the nearest census taken might shed some light on what date or year they arrived from Italy. Sometimes the Census office in Cervaro might have a record of their departure when requesting passports for their travel to the UK so why niot write a letter to the Uffico di Anagrafe, Comune di Cervaro, Postale 03044, (FR), Lazio region Italy in Italian (go to www.freetranslation.com and keep it simple for translation) also say the same thing in english in your letter and enclose a self addressed envelope with some money for "stamps".
=Peter=

Angela13

Re: Looking for Cervaresi Family ties - HELP!

Postby Angela13 » 19 Dec 2007, 23:21

Hi

Thank you so much for the input. I'll try those things to see if it helps. I've got a lot more info now than I had this afternoon, but still not enough to present to my dad.

Thanks again

Return to “Italian Genealogy”