NEED HELP WITH LOCATING BIRTH RECORDS ON RELATIVES PLEASE!!!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
justinfrombklyn
Veteran
Veteran

NEED HELP WITH LOCATING BIRTH RECORDS ON RELATIVES PLEASE!!!

Postby justinfrombklyn » 24 Dec 2007, 18:56

i am looking for the following people's birth records in either italy or austria.

my great great grandfather's was giovanni urgola and biagio lauri i have found all u.s. records on them. (ellis island,census reports).

my great great grandmother's names was elizabeth urgola she died in italy. and my other great grandmother was vincenza lauri.

my great grandparents names was antonio urgola and mary lauri im looking for information on any of these people mostly from italian records if possible.. also i would like to obtain a copy of birth records for any of these people in italy.

can someone tell me how to contact the records office.

i believe the lauri family was from palma campania it says it on their ellis island records.

thank you very much

justin salvadore

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: NEED HELP WITH LOCATING BIRTH RECORDS ON RELATIVES PLEAS

Postby PeterTimber » 24 Dec 2007, 19:09

Dear "Just in...." This is to inform you that most records and documents are in the town of origin which in your case happens to be the Comune=town of Palma Campania located in the province of Naples in the Campania region. You can obtain the information you seek for that part ofthe family whose origin is in that town. Most times both sides of the family emanate fromthe same town or close to it. The information is on microfilm at your nearest Mormon church family history library (go to www.familysearch.org for location) and rent out the microfilm of the civil records for Palma Campania for a nominal amount of $5.00 and the records date from 1809 to 1865 (the portion between 1865 and ellisisland records are not available.) which you can examine

When researching the microfilm take along a book titled Discovering your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson which will assist you greatly.

I cannnot assist you with Austria or any other town in Italy. Merry Christmas. =peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”