Testa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lucajude

Testa

Postby lucajude » 06 Jan 2008, 00:12

Hi,

I am from England and my surname is Testa. My father is elusive when it comes to family history and I am hoping that I can find some answers here. I think he may have come to England from Italy or Sicily in the forties. His fathers name was Vincenzo. I have a brother and sister who also know nothing more than this and it is incredibly frustrating for all of us. When he arrived in England he lived in Torquay and then Bristol but it is what happened before this that remains a big family mystery. My father mentions Sicily and Naples and still has links to old friends? there but will not elaborate. thanks hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Testa

Postby BillieDeKid » 06 Jan 2008, 02:24

Hi Lucajude and welcome to the forum.

Were your father and mother married in England? If so, obtain a copy of their marriage license, it should include his mother and fathers name. What year was your father born and what is his full name?

Does he have any brothers or sisters that you know of, if so give as much info as you can. Do you know where in Sicily he came from?

What year did he arrive in England?

Try to give as much detail as possible so someone on the forum can help you

Regards
Elizabeth

mhatem

Re: Testa

Postby mhatem » 09 Jan 2008, 01:54

I am related to the Testa's in Syracuse, NY.
Is this any connection ?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”