my ancestors in Finalborgo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mimifo

my ancestors in Finalborgo

Postby mimifo » 19 Jan 2008, 07:15

i am looking for my ancestors born in Finalborgo and Finale ligure of last name " DA FORMA" in 1700.

Any person with last name FORMA in Torino? I am trying to find information on my ancestors from before 1700. Any information is welcome.

mimifo

Re: my ancestors in Finalborgo

Postby mimifo » 21 Jan 2008, 03:05

last name DA FORMA , DE FORMA, DE FORMAS, FORMAS, born in finalborgo and Finale Ligure since 1640.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: my ancestors in Finalborgo

Postby PeterTimber » 21 Jan 2008, 20:28

At the present time there are 15 FORMA surnamed persons in Liguria Most are in La Spezia and other towns in Savona province as well. Both Finalborgo and Finale Ligure, (same postale) 17024 (SV) do not have any persons currently living there with the surname FORMA or any of the other surnames from which is derived. Da, De, Formas etc.I know from personal expeirence that names tend to shorten over time and the DE in my own family surname disappeared after 1626 and this is what most likely occurred to De Forma when the DE was dropped from the name.

There are no micorfilm of the civilrecords for the two towns you mentioned in the Mormon church family history library so you will have to write directly tothe Uffico di Stato Civile in Finale Ligure 17024 (SV) and ask them if such records exist back to the year they started keeping civil records of briths,marriages and deaths. Prior record would have to be researched in the 10 churches listed for Finale Ligure and Finalborgo. You can find their names and addresses at www.parrocchie.it.

Please get back to me should you have additonal questions. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”