Geneologist Needed In the U.S. (Louisiana Records)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
yjg1111
Rookie
Rookie

Geneologist Needed In the U.S. (Louisiana Records)

Postby yjg1111 » 20 Jan 2008, 19:18

I have completed my appointment with the SF Consultate for my dual citizenship and all went well! The question I have is I have a sacramental marriage record for my great grandparents obtained from the Archdiocese of Baton Rouge. They were married at St. James Parish in Convent, Louisiana. However, I had the clerk of court in St. James Parish search for a civil marriage record (none found) and I also had the East Baton Rouge Clerk of Court do a search (none found). The thing is the sacramental record is a mess with lots of wrong spellings of names but the archivist at the Archdiocese who sent me the sacramental record said there was a little blurb on the document that the license was obtained in East Baton Rouge and it was signed by the clerk of court of East Baton Rouge. So I am wondering why they can't seem to find it in their records. The consulate officer seemed okay with the sacramental record but if I can find a civil record I would like to do that and send it in to the consulate. The consulate office did mention how much of a mess the sacramental record was and I don't want this to become an obstacle when they do a final review of my application. Is there any way someone can help me try to find this civil record? Of course, I will pay a professional geneologist if they think they can help me! I appreciate your help!

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Geneologist Needed In the U.S. (Louisiana Records)

Postby wldspirit » 20 Jan 2008, 20:12

Have you tried Random Acts of Genealogy Kindness??
They have volunteers who are willing to do record look-ups for free!!

http://www.raogk.org/louisian.htm

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

yjg1111
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Geneologist Needed In the U.S. (Louisiana Records)

Postby yjg1111 » 20 Jan 2008, 20:27

Thank you so much! I will give them a try.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”