Marino/marini and desalvia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mojodream

Marino/marini and desalvia

Postby mojodream » 30 Jan 2008, 19:03

Hi all, Im looking for info or family members for the marini/marino family from atri, Italy and the Desalvia family from Foggia. These are grandparents that both met and settled in the US- massachusetts. My grandfather giovanni marino/marini had several brothers and sisters and Im hoping there are some relatives that came from this line in italy. It is believed he was the only one in his family that came to the states. Since he never spoke of his family it is possible there were others that came here. My grandmother josephine desalvia was an only child. But I am hoping her father pasquale desalvia had brothers and sisters that had kids and maybe theres a few cousins floating around. Any help would be welcome. Thanks, MJ

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Marino/marini and desalvia

Postby PeterTimber » 30 Jan 2008, 20:16

Dear MJ there are 8 Marini surnamed persons in Atri and 32 surnamed persons in Foggia and Foggia province (Foggia is capital of a province as wells as its own city designation as a comune) Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in marini in the first line and Atri in the third line for all 8 persons with full names,addresses and telephone numbers and do the same with De Silva and FG which will cover both the city and its dependent towns in Foggia province in the third line.

If you happen to find a a first name that is familiar to your family you might wish to consider writing a potential relative letter in Italian to them and whoever else you locate by going to www.mangeruca.com and seeking out the form letter in Italian with english translation for your guidance.

Get back if you have any further questions. =peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 30 Jan 2008, 20:22

There are 700=+ persons surnamed De Silva, 9000+ persons surnamed marino and 1900+ surnamed Marini in the Ellis Island website. =Peter=

mojodream

Postby mojodream » 20 Apr 2011, 08:01

Peter, thank you so much for this information. Let me first apologise for this late response. The truth is I totally forgot about this post and happened on it tonight. I think I am just gonna send them all letters and see what happens. Thank you again for your help. MJ
MJ Blais

Return to “Italian Genealogy”