Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri, Filangieri

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DonC

Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri, Filangieri

Postby DonC » 01 Feb 2008, 20:46

I'll try this again, hoping there are new members.

Looking for any information about any of the surnames in the subject line. Sofia, Potenzano and Palmieri are all associated with Palermo and Termini in the late 19th C. Catuogno is associated with Naples and nearby San Rocco at about the same time.

The Sofias emigrated to Ellis Island in August of 1901 on the ship Sicilia via Naples. Unsure of where the Potenzanos landed, but suspect Boston.

I have considerable information about the Sofia's arrival, and would welcome additional info.

Don
Looking for Potenzano and Palmieri from Sicily; Catuogno and Semiole from Naples or San Rocco.

vj
Master
Master

Re: Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri, Filangieri

Postby vj » 01 Feb 2008, 20:58

Hi Don,
Welcome back.
Did any of the records found on your previous post
belong to your family?
Thanks! vj
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... html#25188

Biff83
Master
Master

Postby Biff83 » 01 Feb 2008, 20:59

Salvatore Potenzano 1903 Arrival at Boston line 19
Joining uncle Giovanni Palmieri, 34 Common? St Lawrence Mass

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 01 Feb 2008, 21:59

Hi Don,

There are Palmeri's that went to New Orleans in the late 1800's early 1900's and I know there is census information for this. And they were from the area's you listed.

DonC

Postby DonC » 01 Feb 2008, 23:11

Wow! Thank you to everyone! You've given me a whole lot more material to get started again!

Don
Looking for Potenzano and Palmieri from Sicily; Catuogno and Semiole from Naples or San Rocco.

meg-2582

Postby meg-2582 » 09 Aug 2012, 23:54

I know this is a few years later. However, I am looking up family on my mothers side. My grandmother was a Potenzano - her father Potenzano her mother a Sofia. I beleive Salvatore and Rosa. They had 7 children. My grandmother was one of them.I am looking for any information about family history I can. I can tell you about the life of them once they came to America.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”