Galli and Romano in Brescia, Naples and Palermo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Norina

Galli and Romano in Brescia, Naples and Palermo

Postby Norina » 04 Feb 2008, 03:23

I know these great-grandparents' stats, but want to go further back in time. Can anyone help?

Giacomo Enrico Galli (born Sept. 24, 1863) married Regina Romano (born July 19, 1863). I am guessing they married about 1885-1890. The first child's birthdate I know about came in 1891, but they had twins named Romeo and Giulietta who died, and they may have been the first born.

Giacomo Enrico Galli's parents were Pietro Galli and Lucia (unknown surname). I am guessing they were born around 1840. Giacomo ran a concrete factory in Naples in the years leading up to World War II. When war hit, he moved with his family to Palermo.

Regina Romano's parents names can only be guessed at because of the names of her children: They might be Arnaldo or Giuseppe and Amelia, but they could be anything.

Their other children were Arnaldo Odorico Galli, who immigrated to the United States in about 1920 and settled in Vineland, N.J., and daughters Amelia and Lucia, who married and stayed in Palermo, Sicily.
Norina

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Galli and Romano in Brescia, Naples and Palermo

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Feb 2008, 05:20

Norina in Italy most records are in the city, town or village of origin so with your help in identifying where they were born, married or died you willbe able to locate appropriate records for your research objectives. Most records in Italy start, particularly in southern and central Italy in 1809 up to 1900. privacy laws preclude any further year beyond 1900 in the nearest Mormon church family history library (go to www.familysearch.org for location nearest you.). Petertimber

Return to “Italian Genealogy”