Romanini/Polinelli (Brescia/Milan) + the Carbonari

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Carmilla5

Re: Romanini/Polinelli (Brescia/Milan) + the Carbonari

Post by Carmilla5 »

Vera (Bicycle) I've only just followed this up as I hadn't ticked to follow this. I was rapt to read the info on Theodora's family, fantastic. I'm passing it to one of my distant family who is a fabulous researcher. If you contact me by mail (check my profile) we can connect up and I can send you a pic, though I think Rosalie might have already done that. Would love to be in touch! Take care, Lise :^)
Nairn

Post by Nairn »

Hi, Bicycle, I am descended from George Gun Fraser and Carolina Gaetana Romanini - I have read Tempest over Mexico and wondered what happened to Rosa King afterwards. Did she write anything else?
Carmilla5

Post by Carmilla5 »

Nairn, have sent you a private message, would love to connect as I'm the gg granddaughter of GG Fraser & M C G Romanini through their son Angus Charles Fraser. Look forward to connecting, speak soon cuz, Lise :^)
PS Pic attached of GG Fraser
bicycle

Post by bicycle »

Hello Rosalie, Michael, Lise and "Nairn",

My apologies. I, too, failed to sign up for future messages and so had not seen your posts until tonight.

Rosalie and Michael: Thank you for your e-mails; I sincerely apologize for not responding. My mother was very ill and, unfortunately, passed away last month. Now that I have the time, I will get back to you - I promise!

Rosa King did not write another book after "Tempest Over Mexico". She did return to Cuernavaca but not to the hotel (Hotel Bella Vista). The hotel now houses offices and stores and is named "Passaje Bella Vista"; I took a photo of the sign (of the name), which hangs over the main entrance archway, when I visited Cuernavaca with my mother et al. in 1994 - it was quite a special moment! My mother adored her grandmother. I am finding more and more references to Rosa King and Tempest Over Mexico and am compiling a list of same; in fact, it was in doing some research tonight that I happened upon this forum and saw that there were new postings. One of my nephews created a website related to the book; I believe that it is tempestovermexico.com ; I would check that for you but I am afraid that if I switch to a search that I will lose this page/message! If that isn't the correct address I will post another message. The website doesn't have as much information on it as we would like as none of us has had the time; we hope to add a lot more information later this year.

Because of family obligations I also haven't had time to do any research on the Romaninis and Polinellis; I hope to do so in the near future.

Again, thank you for your e-mails and messages and please accept my apologies for not responding sooner.

All the best to everyone on this forum.

Vera
jonahwy

Post by jonahwy »

I realize this is an old thread, but I am also a descendent of Count Angelo Romanini through Theodora Romanini and James (Moses) Vere Cumins and their daughter Angeolina.

Does anyone have any more information on Angelo Romanini beyond what's been shared here?

Also, I would really like to see any photos of the family if anyone has them please email to me. Thanks so much!

jonahwy@mac.com
gilrif

Post by gilrif »

I'm interested in Theodora Romanini who married Moses Vere (or is it John or is it James?) Cummins and were in india when their daughter Rosa Eleonor was born in 1865. I have been tracing the background of Rosa's husband Norman King.
Manikkab0o

Post by Manikkab0o »

As very excited t fin this forum since I have been trying to obtain more information of my family. Rosa e kin married Norman king and had two children one of them was Norman king, he married my great grandmother and they had two children one of them Natalia King is the mother of my dad. I am very interested in finding out more information about him since he abandOned them when my grandmother was very young.
fredpasta

Post by fredpasta »

Hello Manikkab0o ... This IS exciting. My maternal great grandmother was Rosa King. Her daughter was Vera (I believe the sister of Norman King (Jr?)), and her daughter was Aileen (nee Barnett), who was my mother. Rosa was the author of 'Tempest Over Mexico. This post is now 7 years old, but I'm hoping that you are alerted to my reply somehow as I think we could help each other. My mother did have an 'Uncle Norman' who lived in South America and actually visited us once in Ottawa, Canada. I hope to hear from you some day !! Fred Pantalone