Pacitto information in England

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lockmaster

Pacitto information in England

Postby lockmaster » 16 Feb 2008, 21:48

Hello :?:

My Greatgrandparents, surname DiCicco, lived in England from around 1896 and were listed as Organ Grinders in the 1901 Census in Walsall England.

They lived next door to Nicola and Vincenza Pacitto (spelling might be suspect) who were listed as Organ Grinder Employers. If you have a contact to this name, I am trying to gather information on Italians arriving in England with no skills and their progress through society from then on.

Thanks

Dominic

Omer

Re: Pacitto information in England

Postby Omer » 14 Sep 2008, 13:35

I remember as a child, 50 to 60 years ago, seeing Frank DiCicco's battery-powered ice cream van. He was a daily visitor to the Pleck area. A short fat guy who always had a 5 o'clock shadow.
I believe he lived in the Blakenall area of Walsall.
I just found details of a DiCicco in the phone listings near Walsall.

N Dicicco
Tel: (01543) 379241 - Text Number
28 Brook La, Walsall Wood, Walsall, WS9 9NB

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 14 Sep 2008, 14:31

Dear Dominic go to www.findmypast.com which is a paying website but free if you just go for name checks and also go to www.freeBMD.org.UK and see what you come up with. =Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 14 Sep 2008, 14:40

Dominic I did a quick check and found Nicola Pacitto died in Greenwich in October 2000 if this is your sought after person. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”