Tucciarone surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by mfjp »

Sorry to hear about your back... You do have a busy month ahead of you...

I spent some more time looking for Pasqua and nothing yet... I am currently on the hunt for 3 manifests... yours is one of them.. (love this stuff though) ... at times it may seem like I have given up on a post... but behind the scenes I am still looking... will keep you updated.

soggy maria...
Our city was hit with quite the rainstorm... quite the mess here...
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Here's a nephew Lavalle - uncle Tucciarone connection...

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2618100634

First Name: Raffaele
Last Name: Lavalle
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Missturno
Date of Arrival: March 18, 1903
Age at Arrival:  31y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  M  
Ship of Travel: Nord America
Port of Departure: Napoli
Manifest Line Number: 0027

mfjp
emmakate

Post by emmakate »

I found a site that might be helpful in continuing the research on the Tucciarone family in Rochester. We go by counties in Western PA, so Rochester is in Beaver County.

Accordingly, attached it the website of the Beaver County Genealogical Society:
http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Epabecgs/index.htm

I searched around on here for a while and couldn't find anything on the Tucciarones - but there is a surname file on record for Signore. I'll see if I can get it. Take care and hang in there sue1anne.
emmakate

Post by emmakate »

I forgot to mention http://www.flealess.org/beaver1.html
That is the website for the Beaver County "genweb" page. Not sure exactly what that is, but has a lot of information on the history of the county and various family links. I searched LaValle, Tucciarone and Signore on the surname pages and didn't find anything though.
emmakate

Post by emmakate »

Ok, I think that I may have gotten to the bottom of at least part of this mystery. My mother was born in 1944 and was the youngest Signore child of seven - which may explain why she doesn't remember any other Tucciarones in town. However, my Aunt Clare (b. 1935) does remember the Tucciarone family!

She told me that their great uncle Emil Signore (my great-great uncle) was married to Mary Rich (who was the sister of Catherine Rich Tucciarone - sue1anne's great-grandmother!) and Emil and Mary had four girls. Their youngest girl was Anna Mae Signore (b. circa 1931). My aunt remembers that Anna Mae Signore's best friend and cousin that she hung around a lot with in high school was a girl named Catherine or Anne Tucciarone. I think that this is sue1anne's grandfather's sister (who she said was named Pasqualina and later changed it to Anne). My aunt told me that this girl Anne was absolutely gorgeous and very, very sweet. She spent a lot of time at Emil and Mary Signore's house with thier four girls. My aunt only remembers her having one brother - she said that it was a very small family, just a boy and a girl. So, I'm wondering why David Tucciarone left there when he was five. Why didn't he stay there with his mother and siblings?

As for other information on the Tucciarone family, my aunt didn't remember much. She said that Uncle Emil and Aunt Mary were wonderful people and she vaguely remembers Aunt Mary's sister, Catherine. She couldn't tell me much about her though. I read her the census page and she remembered all of the names. I asked her about the LaValles - who are listed in part at the very top of the census page. She didn't remember the LaValles being related to the Tucciarones, but they could have been. She said that Clement LaValle - who was listed on that sheet at approx. 17 years old in 1930 - was my grandfather's best friend. She said that he was local royalty - looked like a movie star and had a different girlfriend every week. She said that everyone loved him - she remembered him very well. I'm not sure if that LaValle family is in any way related to Pasqualina LaValle Tucciarone, but if so I can probably get more information on them for you.

Anyway, another lead might be to talk to Mary and Emil Signore's daughters. Anna Mae - who was close to Anne Tucciarone - is still alive, as is her sister Gilda. Exciting stuff!
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sue1anne »

emmakate wrote:I found a site that might be helpful in continuing the research on the Tucciarone family in Rochester. We go by counties in Western PA, so Rochester is in Beaver County.

Accordingly, attached it the website of the Beaver County Genealogical Society:
http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Epabecgs/index.htm

I searched around on here for a while and couldn't find anything on the Tucciarones - but there is a surname file on record for Signore. I'll see if I can get it. Take care and hang in there sue1anne.
Thanks emmakate. I lived in Chambersburg, PA for 9 years. Unfortunately when I need to research on the east I live in the west and vice versa.

I've tried the Beaver County site, but it wasn't very helpful. I had to join to get any benefits of help, and then they weren't able to find much for me. I'm thinking if I get enough money, I'll go to Rochester myself. I'd love to get photos of the cemetery headstones anyway.

sue1anne
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sue1anne »

emmakate wrote:I forgot to mention http://www.flealess.org/beaver1.html
That is the website for the Beaver County "genweb" page. Not sure exactly what that is, but has a lot of information on the history of the county and various family links. I searched LaValle, Tucciarone and Signore on the surname pages and didn't find anything though.
I've been here also. No luck. Most of the information I find online is posted by ... me, of course. Funny, but disappointing. I have been put in contact with myself several times by well-meaning people.

I have a lot to say, so I'm answering these posts one-by-one.
sue1anne
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sue1anne »

emmakate wrote:My mother was born in 1944 and was the youngest Signore child of seven
emmakate, which "child" is your mother?
emmakate wrote:...great uncle Emil Signore (my great-great uncle) married Mary Rich (sister of Catherine Rich Tucciarone - sue1anne's great-grandmother!) and Emil and Mary had four girls.
This is correct. I have been in touch with one of the daughters - the oldest, I believe. She sent me a letter with a little information and wanted to know how Davie was doing (my grandfather).
emmakate wrote:...Anne Tucciarone. I think that this is sue1anne's grandfather's sister (who she said was named Pasqualina and later
changed it to Anne).
Yes. Pasqualina didn't like her name and changed it to Anne Rose. She later married Joseph Koda.
emmakate wrote:My aunt only remembers her having one brother - she said that it was a very small family, just a boy and a girl. So, I'm wondering why David Tucciarone left there when he was five. Why didn't he stay there with his mother and siblings?
There were two boys and a girl - David, Joseph and Pasqualina (Anne). David is my grandfather. I know their father died when my grandfather was 5 years old. He was raised by his mother, Catherine. I'll check with him, but I believe he lived at home until he joined the Air Force, where he met my grandmother.
emmakate wrote: I'm not sure if that LaValle family is in any way related to Pasqualina LaValle Tucciarone, but if so I can probably get more information on them for you.
I would appreciate anything you can find. I'm writing to Italy for the family information on both Davide Tucciarone and Pasqualina Lavalle.
Thanks for filling me in. I know we have a lot more to talk about.
sue1anne