CAVALLERI family in Italy....Maybe PICO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
IMAT775

CAVALLERI family in Italy....Maybe PICO

Postby IMAT775 » 18 Feb 2008, 18:29

Trying to find the town that this family migrated to the U.S.A. from. My great, great, grandfather is Francisco Cavalleri born about 1795. His father is Don Francisco Cavaiieri and his mothers maiden last name is Binon.
Francisco arived in Santa Barbara, California about 1840 and married in 1841 at the time of his marriage the preist wrote that his mother and father had traveled from Italy and the town of P--- one letter just P. There may have been a brother that came at a later time. ANY help that I can get will really help. ...

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: CAVALLERI family in Italy....Maybe PICO

Postby BillieDeKid » 18 Feb 2008, 19:37

IMAT775 wrote:Trying to find the town that this family migrated to the U.S.A. from. My great, great, grandfather is Francisco Cavalleri born about 1795. His father is Don Francisco Cavaiieri and his mothers maiden last name is Binon.
Francisco arived in Santa Barbara, California about 1840 and married in 1841 at the time of his marriage the preist wrote that his mother and father had traveled from Italy and the town of P--- one letter just P. There may have been a brother that came at a later time. ANY help that I can get will really help. ...

Hi and welcome to the forum. I searched the ships manifests for Cavalleri and the only P's that came up were.........

Portovaltravaglio, Como, Italy (as listed on ships manifests)
Porto Valtravaglia, province: Varese - region: Lombardia

Pieve di Teco, Porto Manuso (as listed on ships manifests)
Pieve di Teco, province: Imperia - region: Liguria

I'll do a bit more searching to see if I can find someone that came to the US going to California to this family.

Regards,
Elizabeth

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 18 Feb 2008, 20:35

IMAT775 wrote:Trying to find the town that this family migrated to the U.S.A. from. My great, great, grandfather is Francisco Cavalleri born about 1795. His father is Don Francisco Cavaiieri and his mothers maiden last name is Binon.

Your great great great grandfather was Don Francisco Cavalleri. Your great great grandfather was Francisco Cavalleri born about 1795. What are the names of Francisco's children and what was his wifes full name (maiden) also the approximate years of his childrens births?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 18 Feb 2008, 20:47

most probable, both the surnames(Cavalleri and Binon) are in Liguria region( Imperia province especially)... Binon is very rare....regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 18 Feb 2008, 21:04

I found a:
1860 United States Federal Census
about Francisco Carelleri
Name: Francisco Carelleri
Age in 1860: 45
Birth Year: abt 1815
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1860: Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California
Post Office: Santa Barbara
Value of real estate: View Image
Household Members: Name Age
Francisco Carelleri 45
Maria Carelleri 33
Teresa Carelleri 16
Nicolas Carelleri 13
Dolores Carelleri 10
Vicente Carelleri 9
Antonia Carelleri 8
Maria Carelleri 6
Manuela Carelleri 3
Augustin Rene 40

--------------------------

1870 United States Federal Census
about Francisco Caballero
Name: Francisco Caballero
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1814
Age in 1870: 56
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1870: Township 2, Santa Barbara, California
Family and neighbors: View Results
Race: White
Value of real estate: View Image
Post Office: Santa Barbara

wife Maria( b in California)
children:
Nicolas 22 old
Dolores 19 old
Vicente 18 old
Antonio 16 old
Maria A 12 old
Manuella 10 old
Victor 9 old
Jose 8 old
Francisca 7 old
Charles 4 old
Juana 1 old
all born in California

it is possible that this people are in some way related your ancestor?
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 18 Feb 2008, 21:15

maybe this genealogic tree could be your genealogic tree?
http://tonycalhoun.net/treeshan.pdf
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 18 Feb 2008, 21:42

Suanj could this be a possibility?

Ponte Buggianese, province: Pistoia - region: Toscana

Possible Manifest - Line 13 - Binoni (not Binon) going to California
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0013

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 18 Feb 2008, 21:48

suanj wrote:maybe this genealogic tree could be your genealogic tree?
http://tonycalhoun.net/treeshan.pdf

I don't get the pdf suanj only the home page. I get errors for the genealogy link for shannon.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 19 Feb 2008, 10:45

Hi Elizabeth.... maybe so work better: http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6148/b ... eriry6.png
let me know if is readable
kisses, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 19 Feb 2008, 15:26

suanj wrote:Hi Elizabeth.... maybe so work better: http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6148/b ... eriry6.png
let me know if is readable
kisses, suanj

This link works great. I think the poster needs to give a little more information on the ggg grandfather (Don Francisco) and his wife ? Binon for the names of their children. We only know that their one child is named Francisco (gg grandfather) born abt. 1795. Maybe the family tree you found would be Nicolas and Francisco (gg grandfather - 1795) as brothers?

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 19 Feb 2008, 15:30

Maybe the family Cavalleri is from Liguria - Genoa - Pieve Ligure?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 19 Feb 2008, 15:33

I believe that some infos of author topic is incorrect... I found only the above records in California..... must be he.... because a man, named Francisco Cavalleri, born in 1795 abt married in 1841 son of Francisco Cavalleri and Binon maiden name of mother ... lived in Santa Barbara CA... it would be very strange that it was 2 Francisco Cavalleri in Santa Barbara one born in 1795 and one in 1814.... I found only the man born in 1814... no more.... kisses, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 19 Feb 2008, 15:36

I don't know... P. initial could be many towns in Liguria area, but I'm sure that Francesco coming from Liguria... on genealogic tree is wrote Genova, but with Genova the immigrants saying: Liguria, because Genova was and is the Liguria capital...kisses, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

IMAT775

Postby IMAT775 » 19 Feb 2008, 17:20

Thanks to all for your help. Let me explain my family a little better. Francisco Cavalleri arrived in Santa Barbara about 1798. I have been looking for years for the ship that almost had to come to California as a trading vessel. There is a story in the family that Francisco Cavaiieri first came to California (San Francisco Ca.) at the age of 14 and vowed to return at a later date and as the story goes he later became captian of his own vessel along with his brother who was also a ships captain. As told, each had their own ship but both would sail together for safety. There cargo would be Slaves from Africa to the southern States then take supplies to Santa Barbara, Ca. Then pick up Sea Otter pelts and then start all over again. I do have most all of the family geneaolgy, except from where Francisco was born. Like I said the only information that I have says (Quote) Francisco Cavalleri son of Nicolas Cavalleri and Maddalena Binon of GENOVA Italy....... We believe that the ship that brought Francisco, Nicolas and Madalena ORGIANATED from GENOVA but the place of birth is differEnt because after Francisco's 1st wife died Francisco remarried and on this Mission record it says (Quote) Mission Records, Our Lady of Sorrows Church entry #861, May 23, 1876 FRANCISCO CAVALLERI , widow, 58, Native of P--- (NOT LEGABLE) Italy now of Santa Barbara, with RAMONA PICO, 45, Daughter of Vicente Pico and Estefana Pico of Santa Barbara....... This was his 2nd marrage. Francisco died in 1877.... I hope this extra info will help find the orgin of this early California expat from Italy..... Thanks again for all who posted.... Bob

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 19 Feb 2008, 17:40

Hi Bob

Just want to clarify from you first statement.......your great great grandfather is Francisco Cavalleri born abt 1795 and his father was Don Francisco married to a Binon?

I ask because Francisco who is widowed in 1876 age says 58 so it would make his birth year 1818. Is this the Francisco that is your great great grandfather?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”