Help with Ordering the correct films from LDS

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
george1944

Help with Ordering the correct films from LDS

Postby george1944 » 18 Feb 2008, 19:49

First i must say you folks have been very helpful in pointing me in the right direction. The films i need are from montecorvinorovella. My grandfather was born in 1881 so I will be ording film FHL INTL FILM
1803475 item 1. My great grandfather was born around 1835 based upon his age of arrival in 1903. He was 67. I also estimate he was married around 1855 give or take a few years. I need to know what fims will help me with my great grandfathers birth and marriage information. Once again thanks for all your help.

George

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Help with Ordering the correct films from LDS

Postby BillieDeKid » 18 Feb 2008, 20:06

george1944 wrote:First i must say you folks have been very helpful in pointing me in the right direction. The films i need are from montecorvinorovella. My grandfather was born in 1881 so I will be ording film FHL INTL FILM
1803475 item 1. My great grandfather was born around 1835 based upon his age of arrival in 1903. He was 67. I also estimate he was married around 1855 give or take a few years. I need to know what fims will help me with my great grandfathers birth and marriage information. Once again thanks for all your help.

George

BillieDeKid wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum. LDS has the following microfilms....

Civil records 1809 to 1929
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... o+civile++

nati=birth
marito=death
matrimoni=marriage

Write down the film numbers with descriptions that you'd like to view, go to your nearest Family History Center (FHC) to order. Takes about 4 weeks to receive and films must be viewed at your FHC. Cost is approximately $5.50 per film.

Link to find your nearest FHC
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

If you have questions just post back and someone will be glad to help you.

Regards,
Elizabeth

Hi George,

Click the link for the films and look to the left for Nati (birth) and find the years you think would cover your great grandfathers birth year. If you think it's 1835 make sure to order the film(s) covering that year. For his marriage, I would add about 20 years to his birth year (so 1855 would put him at 20 years old) and get the films that cover matrimoni (marriage) for 1855 through 1865 which puts his age range from 20 to 30 years old. You may have to order more than one film to accomplish this but it's worth it.

Let us know if you need any additional help with the films. :wink:

Regards,
Elizabeth

Return to “Italian Genealogy”