Looking for Antonio Gozzi!!!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Spessotto

Looking for Antonio Gozzi!!!

Postby Spessotto » 19 Feb 2008, 17:52

Hello people, im looking for Antonio Gozzi, born in Italy (i dont know where) and died in Brasil.... The only thing i know that he had a son, called Augusto Gozzi..

I found something that tells that he born in verona, but i dont know where... thanks !!

Rafael

pink67
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Antonio Gozzi!!!

Postby pink67 » 20 Feb 2008, 07:30

Hi Rafael,

a few days ago another member of this forum posted a very interested link to some records from Verona, maybe you can try to give a look at those database.....
As you don't wrote the period in which your ancestors were born I don't know if it can help....
Good luck!
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =8829.html

Laura :D

Spessotto

Hi Pink!!

Postby Spessotto » 20 Feb 2008, 11:56

Hello Pink, thank you so much for answer...i was thinking that no one will answer... :)

Well, i dont know much about Antonio Gozzi..yesterday i went to Museum of Imigration, here in Sao Paulo, and there i found only this: there 2 antonio gozzi, married with oliva (i dont know her surname), and they arrived here in Brazil in 1898, one in Espagne Ship, and other in Washington Ship.... The information that he was from Verona, my uncle told me...But is not 100% sure....

And i know about a son, Augusto Gozzi, who was born in italy, and came to brasil...but i didnt found nothing about him... Im trying to get the dead certificate to know the year of the born of Antonio Gozzi.

I post here when i get some information...But Thanks Pink!!!

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 20 Feb 2008, 16:36

Spessotto.... you can say us the birthyear of Augusto Gozzi? I know that on memorial do imigrantes many italian surnames are misspelled... sometime also the first name is inverted with surname.. I found a Agostino( Augusto diminutive) GUZZI spell:
AGOSTINO GUZZI NÃO CONSTA 1/29/1891 ITALIANA
but maybe could be Gozzi... I don't know... for a help you can say us the probable birthyears of Antonio and Augusto and where they lived in Brazil... also if arrived in Santos or not... thanks, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Spessotto

Postby Spessotto » 20 Feb 2008, 16:53

Hello Suanj

My problem is this: I want to know what "comune" or what city Antonio Gozzi borned, because he is the italian of the family..And he had 2 sons. Augusto Gozzi (born in Napoli - Italia, 11/08/1896) and Guerindo Gozzi (born in Brasil). Here in brasil i cant find any documents of augusto gozzi, to see if have something about his father... And in the memorial of imigrant dont tells that he came to brazil with a son (augusto that born in napoli). Only tells the name of his wife, Oliva.

thank you so much for the help you are gaving me!!!! Cordiali Salutti!

Rafael S.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 20 Feb 2008, 17:03

you know that Augusto born in Napoli? you know him birthdate... well if you sure abt Napoli you can request the birthact of Augusto and also the integral copy of birthact so you can descover the age of Antonio when Augusto born and so to make the request for Anotnio, birth and marriage... but you say Napoli and you are pretti sure? you searched the "processo para casamento" ( no marriage record but all documents necessary for the marriage) of Augusto or Guerindo? normally in this papers it are the birthplace of parents also! More: as it is possible that you have no records for Augusto in Brazil? where they lived? regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Spessotto

Im not so sure...

Postby Spessotto » 20 Feb 2008, 23:00

Ciao Suanj,

well im not so sure that he born in Napoli..a uncle told me, but is not sure.... Im trying to get the dead certificate to see if contains any information....
thanks!

Rafael S.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 21 Feb 2008, 09:44

..hmm... really ... the Gozzi surname is a surname of north Italy, mainly of Lombardia region.... It is trange that you cannot find the right arrival of Antonio, the wife, and Augusto son... by maiden name of Antonio's wife, maybe it is possible to find more here in Italy abt the birthplace... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Spessotto

Postby Spessotto » 26 Feb 2008, 18:48

Hi Suanj,

Well, yesterday i found the birth of my "bisnono", guerino, son of Antonio Gozzi and brother of Augusto. But in the certificate, dont tells nothing about the place of his father...Only tells that its Italy... Now i ask: i want your help to tell me how can i search in Napoli, searching the name of Augusto Gozzi, with his birtday (11/08/1896). Maybe in some central church i dont know..Because i looked in parrochie.org and there many churches in napoli...It will be very hard to search in all these churches..
thanks!

Rafael Spessotto

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 27 Feb 2008, 11:06

maybe you can write here:
Servizio Stato Civile del Comune di Napoli

2° traversa dell'Epomeo, Parco Quadrifoglio

80126 Napoli (NA)
Italy

tel. + 39 081 7958552 fax +39 081 7958560
serv-statocivile @ comune.napoli.it NO SPACES

form letters in italian:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Spessotto

Postby Spessotto » 27 Feb 2008, 11:55

Hi Suanj!!Thanks for the tip...i will write for them.. Today ihave looked in the website posted below for pink (archivio di verona), and i found in the link of many registers of antonio gozzi, but the date dont match with i have here..exampleÇ there tell that they born in 1855 and died 1871...(almost all in this dates)...but his son, augusto, born in 1896..so doesnt match...but i dont know if the second date in the website is the dead date..

cordiali salluti

Rafael Spessotto

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 27 Feb 2008, 15:45

no, no died in 1871... it is the date range: 1855-1871 ( time period)
it are a Augusto Gozzi, but son of Cesare Gozzi.... I don't sure if your ancestor was born in Napoli... only from Napoli reply you can know.... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Spessotto

Hello Suanj and friends!

Postby Spessotto » 27 Mar 2008, 16:52

I have some news...I found the died certificate of Antonio Gozzi here in brasil....He died in 1922 when he was 64 years old. Could you help me with this informations? The father's name and mother are strange and hard to be readed...im trying..,

cordiali saluti!

Rafael Spessotto

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 27 Mar 2008, 17:23

Ciao!!

Can you post your document here, so we can help you understand better the names?

Laura :D

Spessotto

Postby Spessotto » 28 Mar 2008, 03:18

Hi Laura..thanks for answer...i dont have the document yet..the lady of the office said that she found the document, but she can not read clearly what says...she only give e the date of death and the how many years...

thanks!

Rafael S.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”