commune questions

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

commune questions

Postby ChrisMosca » 20 Feb 2008, 20:13

I've been sending possible relatives letters to rome since one of my grandfather's brother instead of moving to argentina with the rest of the family went to rome and stayed in italy all his life, he got married in the commune of roma and died in 1972 in the commune of guidonia montecelio, rome. Is it possible that someone at the commune might be able to let me know if he had kids and their names, there's over 200 people with the same last name in rome.
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: commune questions

Postby suanj » 20 Feb 2008, 20:28

yes it is possible, but proving that you are related, for privacy law... so you must ask in Guidonia Montecelio the "Stato Civile" of your ancestor, and in this certificate you can know all: birthdate, death date, marriage, children etc..
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Postby ChrisMosca » 21 Feb 2008, 10:35

thank you
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).

juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby juanminbar » 22 Feb 2008, 00:55

in the town of Guidonia Montecelio there are three phone listings for the mosca name. click onto the site shown below and you will access their names, addresses and phone numbers. if you can converse in italian you could call each one. remember noon in new york is 6pm in rome.

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... +&ind=&nc=

as a last option you can mail a letter to each one, in italian.

ciao, john

ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Postby ChrisMosca » 22 Feb 2008, 05:46

thanks for the help john, I did sent those 3 mosca's letters about a month ago. How long should i wait before i give up on those 3 letters, I'm just hoping to find an easier and faster way to finding possible relatives, but It can't always be like that.

ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Postby ChrisMosca » 22 Feb 2008, 05:48

A question for suanj, what kind of proof would i need, and how can I show them the proof through mail? do i send them a copy of his birth certificate and any other records to prove the relation?
thanks again.

ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Postby ChrisMosca » 22 Feb 2008, 05:52

what I'm worried about is that he was born in 1901 and any kids he might have had, they are probably in their seventies or even dead. They might have a lot of information that I'm having problems getting. And sometimes as I've experienced, a lot of info and family stories don't always get passed down to the next generations.

Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Postby Poipuo4 » 22 Feb 2008, 13:30

I usually photocopy my driver's license and send it with my request. BTW, did you letters include an e-mail address? I have found that people respond quickly if there is an e-mail. Mayb e you can resend the letters with an e-mail address and maybe a picture of your family, so that they know you are legitimate.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 22 Feb 2008, 14:18

ChrisMosca wrote:A question for suanj, what kind of proof would i need, and how can I show them the proof through mail? do i send them a copy of his birth certificate and any other records to prove the relation?
thanks again.

You must proving that you are related... however in the first contact you write only that you are the nephew( or so..) and as you are the nephew( or so.. for exemple: I'm the son of him brother...), and if they ask you more, you can explain better....
regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 22 Feb 2008, 14:20

Poipuo4 wrote:I usually photocopy my driver's license and send it with my request. BTW, did you letters include an e-mail address? I have found that people respond quickly if there is an e-mail. Mayb e you can resend the letters with an e-mail address and maybe a picture of your family, so that they know you are legitimate.

this is a good idea!
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby juanminbar » 22 Feb 2008, 19:22

chris if you have the information that pertains to the names of your grandparents that is indeed a positive connection.

i wrote to six families who had the same surname of my cousin (her father-my uncle) and mailed to each one. within 7 or 8 days my cousin received a phone call, one of the families was a brother to my uncle and he is/was in his nineties. they followed up with pictures.

to some people your desire to get in touch with family after an absence of so many years makes one wonder. in many cases the homes that a relative may be living in could be owned by the families in america. if so it becomes somewhat sinister, why now, what do they want??

just be patience and/or send a follow up letter or call. once you make a connection all those peceived fears will melt away.

good luck, john

ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Postby ChrisMosca » 23 Feb 2008, 16:17

thanks john

Return to “Italian Genealogy”