Rescigno family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rexignis

Rescigno family

Post by rexignis »

I am living in the USA but my father was born in Naples October 1888; his name is Vincenzo Rescigno; his parents were Pasquale Rescigno and Eloisa Accardi. Both died in San Ferdinando di Puglia.
Can anybody help me finding more informations?
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Rescigno family

Post by misbris »

Hi and welcome to the forum, :lol:

Did your father come to the US? Approximately when? Where did he settle?

There are a couple of threads about the name Rescigno that you might be interested in. Go to search at the top of this page and put in the name. You will pull up information that has already been collected on this site. Perhaps, it will be helpful.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

I believe you and I have compared family trees and at this time have found no connection.

Could you furnish more information about your father? Did any of your father's family come to the US? What about your mother's family?

What area in the US did the people who came to the USA settle in.

Looking forward to any additional information in order to assist you in your search.

lilbees
rexignis

Post by rexignis »

My father did not come to the USA, but some of his relatives did; I don't have any news of them.
I have news of my mother ancestors that came from Switzerland (last name Reichlin).
What I wold like to know, if possible, is the whereabout of my paternal grandfathers and great grandfathers.
All I know now is
Father: Vincenzo Rescigno (Naples 1888- Milan 1952)
Gr. Parents: Pasquale Rescigno and Eloisa Accardi (Naples? - San Ferdinando di Puglia?)
Any help will be appreciated.
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi

Was your father born Napoli, province: Napoli - region: Campania or a different comune in Napoli?

I have checked the microfilms and the years for Napoli stop at 1865 so you will need to write a letter and request :

copia integrale dell'atto di nascita di padre - give your fathers name and complete birthdate (day month year born).

The copia integrale will give you his fathers name, age, occupation, where his father resided his mothers name, age, occupation where she resided.

You may also want to write a request to the city where his mother and father died and request a copy of their files. When they moved their files had to be sent to the new city of residence and should list every place that they had lived and where they were born. Every time they move they had to go to city registrar and notify of the move, then their files were transfered to the new comune of residence.

I hope this helps, I believe what I told you is correct but if anyone reading the thread sees that I have given incorrect information please post and make the corrections.

Regards,
Elizabeth
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

The records for San Ferdinando de Puglia for 1847-1899 are available from the Family History Center.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

You may also want to write a request to the city where his mother and father died and request a copy of their files. When they moved their files had to be sent to the new city of residence and should list every place that they had lived and where they were born. Every time they move they had to go to city registrar and notify of the move, then their files were transfered to the new comune of residence.
Is the "Death Record" the file that will give the information or is it called something else?

lilbees
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

lilbees wrote:
Is the "Death Record" the file that will give the information or is it called something else?

lilbees
No this is something else, not the death record.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

So they would be listed as "family files"?

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

No not family files. Each individual has their own file and when you move from one comune to another you go to the registrar where you currently live, tell them you are moving to another comune, give them the name of that comune and your personal file is transferred to that comune.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

rexignis wrote:I am living in the USA but my father was born in Naples October 1888; his name is Vincenzo Rescigno; his parents were Pasquale Rescigno and Eloisa Accardi. Both died in San Ferdinando di Puglia.
Can anybody help me finding more informations?
Hello,
you can write a letter in Italian to Naples civil record office, stating that you need Vincenzo Rescigno real birth record.

This is the address

Comune
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Attn. Mr. Barrile
Via dell'Epomeo - Parco Quadrifoglio
80126 Napoli
Italy

When you get Vincenzo Rescigno real birth record, you find the age of his father Pasquale and his mother Eloisa
So with the informations you have, you can order Pasquale Rescigno and Eloisa Accardi birth record to Naples, if born in Naples.

After you get his parents real birth records, you may write a letter to San Ferdinando di Puglia demographic office asking their real death records.

This is the address

Comune
Ufficio Servizi Demografici
Via Isonzo, 6
CAP 71046
San Ferdinando di Puglia (FG)
Italy

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thank you for clarifying...
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Thank you riccardo!!!
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

not problem, it is always a pleasure for me to help you all
kisses and hugs
Riccardo
aresci00

Post by aresci00 »

Hmm....I'm a Rescigno as well trying to piece together my family tree...