surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
girty
Veteran
Veteran

surname

Post by girty »

looking for the orgin of the name catuosco. can't seem to find it anywhere in italiy. Help please
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

already answered. this is a duplicate request?? Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: surname

Post by suanj »

girty wrote:looking for the orgin of the name catuosco. can't seem to find it anywhere in italiy. Help please
Hi: Catuosco not exist. Exact spelling is CATUOSCIO, not is surname but "Agnome"( family's nickname) region Basilicata-province Potenza-town PIETRAGALLA http://www.altobradano.it/festepietragalla.htm
regards, suanj :P
girty
Veteran
Veteran

surname

Post by girty »

thank you for info suanj, if i write for italian records should i use the name you gave me, when they came to the usa, it seems to have change twice, also i have heard they may have come from marsico. thank you.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Giorty tell the nice lady that she should go to www.ellisisland.org and look up Catuosco surnbame and check the ships manifest for Marsico as place of birth.....She is not familiar with immigrants whose name is extinct in Italy but still alive in the USA since they all left Italy for the USA in that name or they simp;ly died out in Italy. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ptimber wrote:Giorty tell the nice lady that she should go to www.ellisisland.org and look up Catuosco surnbame and check the ships manifest for Marsico as place of birth.....She is not familiar with immigrants whose name is extinct in Italy but still alive in the USA since they all left Italy for the USA in that name or they simp;ly died out in Italy. Peter
Oh yes Peter:you right!! I have only explained origin surname...
:roll: ciao suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi girty, as a result of the mail, I have continued to search place of origin Catuosco surname. Insufficient Is very which is found. But beyond the 4 it mentions to you on ellis island, I have found an other Catuosco on Foundation Agnelli, whose first name it perhaps begins with L. perhaps can suggest something :

Cognome(last name)
CATUOSCO

Nome(first name)
L.

Età(age)

Sesso(gender)
M

Professione
LABORER

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine(origin's place)
U=unknown..

Destinazione(destination)
USA

Visto(passport)
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco(port of departure)
NAPLES

Nave(ship)
ITALIA

Data d'arrivo( date of arrival)
4/21/1881
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

hey suanj

I have seen this L. catuosco before. When i went on ellis island , i found gennerio catuosco. he says he is coming to see his brothers Luigi and Michele. in brooklyn N.Y Now from what i can figure Michele may just be my great grandfather. i have found my great grandfather and gennerio on the census and they live within blocks of one another, can not find luigi though. My theory is that michele, gennerio and luigi may all be brothers, I'm waiting for micheles death certificate, hoping to find parents name. and then get gennerios. and see if the connection is sure.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

hi girty:
please read on ellis island also a Michele CatNosco(misspelled Catnosco but: Catuosco exact spelling!!)date of arrival 10 October 1908...age 51 years.. Moreover please visit

http://www.interment.net/data/us/fl/pin ... carche.htm
are 2 Catuosco person..
my english is bad, and some things I have not understood on passenger's list, please to read you better .. :roll: suanj
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

hey saunj
This very well could be my great grandfather michele. the age is correct. but since he is already u.s. citzen not much information available on manifest. he may very well have gone back to italy in that year. not sure. maybe family(mother or father) business. ie death in family.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

girty wrote:hey saunj
This very well could be my great grandfather michele. the age is correct. but since he is already u.s. citzen not much information available on manifest. he may very well have gone back to italy in that year. not sure. maybe family(mother or father) business. ie death in family.
Hi Girty:
Giannario(or Gianmario) Catuosco goes from brothers Luigi and Michele. Gianmario is from Marsico.
Also the brothers are from Marsico... are a deduction. We do not know if Michele is your ancestors, just? but you can try to write to Marsico' s common. Send me of text letter that I had prepared to you that I execute corrections for Marsico ( Marsiconuovo or Marsicovetere) . To try does not damage..!regards, suanj