Surname: Cantido / Condido / Condida

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
abcantido

Surname: Cantido / Condido / Condida

Postby abcantido » 28 Feb 2008, 00:47

My family surname Cantido was changed after family members moved to the US. Great great grandfather (or so - Giuseppi Condido) was killed in the electric chair in Sing Sing (have those records) and so the name was changed to Cantido. Variations of the name further back are possible. Would like Italian records. Grandpa says from Sicily. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Our Family History Center guy is a little stuck on the name - darn mafia. LOL. :lol:

misbris
Master
Master

Re: Surname: Cantido / Condido / Condida

Postby misbris » 28 Feb 2008, 00:59

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Do you have Ellis Island records? Can you give a time frame for the immigrant, full name, family? This will help narrow down your family member.

MysteryMike
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Surname: Cantido / Condido / Condida

Postby MysteryMike » 28 Feb 2008, 01:20

abcantido wrote:My family surname Cantido was changed after family members moved to the US. Great great grandfather (or so - Giuseppi Condido) was killed in the electric chair in Sing Sing (have those records) and so the name was changed to Cantido. Variations of the name further back are possible. Would like Italian records. Grandpa says from Sicily. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Our Family History Center guy is a little stuck on the name - darn mafia. LOL. :lol:

CONDIDO, SALVATORE 27 WHITE MALE ? MURDER ELECTROCUTION MAY 6 1912 ROCKLAND

Source: http://users.bestweb.net/~rg/execution/NEW%20YORK.htm

This was the only Condido (or variation) I found that was Electricuted in New York...

As misbris mentioned, the more information you can give with dates the easier it is to help....

Mike

It's a small world, put I wouldn't want to paint it...

Return to “Italian Genealogy”