Suggestions on different films for Genova

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
drivingalong
Rookie
Rookie

Suggestions on different films for Genova

Postby drivingalong » 04 Mar 2008, 05:06

I need to look at birth records for Genova for around 1894 and for 1850 periods. The FHC Library lists these:

1 Biography
2 Church records
3 Civil registration
4 Civil registration - Inventories, registers, catalogs
5 Directories
6 Genealogy
7 History
8 Nobility

Any one come accross this many choices and have a recommendation as to which? #6 appears to be about Nobility as well. Looking at each and sort-of translating what they are about, the civil registration, #3, appears to be the best choice.... Just curious if somone had a recomendation to also go after another one.

Jim

Essgee
Master
Master

Re: Suggestions on different films for Genova

Postby Essgee » 04 Mar 2008, 05:19

Go after the Genova Civil Records for the period that covers 1894. Nothing prior to 1866 seems to have been filmed.

Since the different films mentions are fractions of the city of Genova, and some indicate that after the 1870's or so they were merged into the Genova records, it is important to discover if the records for 1850 are in the actual city of Genova or are to be found in one of the fractions. The later record, if related to those listed in the 1850 record, might give you a clue.

The 1850 record will probably have to be obtained by mail from the Civil Records Office in Genova.

nazca3366

Postby nazca3366 » 10 Mar 2008, 02:48

Essgee wrote:Go after the Genova Civil Records for the period that covers 1894. Nothing prior to 1866 seems to have been filmed.

Since the different films mentions are fractions of the city of Genova, and some indicate that after the 1870's or so they were merged into the Genova records, it is important to discover if the records for 1850 are in the actual city of Genova or are to be found in one of the fractions. The later record, if related to those listed in the 1850 record, might give you a clue.

The 1850 record will probably have to be obtained by mail from the Civil Records Office in Genova.

I am doing research in Genova using the FHC microfilms. I use 2,3 and 4. There is not too much info about Genova and you will need to look at the nearby cities/towns.
Good luck in your search.
Ana
Looking for the Rebosio,Banchero,Rossi in Genova

drivingalong
Rookie
Rookie

Postby drivingalong » 10 Mar 2008, 04:01

Thanks. If you spot a Picerno or Russo on the films, I'd love to know which film and record number.

Jim

Return to “Italian Genealogy”