Looking for Siblings of Teresa Coppola (Married Name DeBiaso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Bzacc

Looking for Siblings of Teresa Coppola (Married Name DeBiaso

Postby Bzacc » 10 Mar 2008, 18:18

She was born in Ruviano, Caserta, Italy @ 1890. Her married name was Teresa DeBiaso. She was married to Stefano DeBiaso of Caiazzo and moved to Connecticut prior to 1919 (her sons Anthony and James) were born in Connecticut. I am administering her sons' estates and need to find first cousins. I have found the names of the paternal uncles/aunts but have had no such luck finding names of the maternal uncles/aunts.

I believe her father's name was Angelo Coppola and her mother's Name was Rosa DiSalvatore. I do not think they came to america.

I have called the Ruviano town hall for a Stato Di Famiglia but they are having elections and felt it would take a while even if their books went back as far as Angelo & Rosa.

Any suggestions?

antoinetteo116

Re: Looking for Siblings of Teresa Coppola (Married Name DeB

Postby antoinetteo116 » 13 Mar 2008, 18:47

We were searching the internet and found that you were looking for our Coppola family. Theresa DeBiaso was my father's sister and our aunt. Her Children Anthony and James were our first cousins. Theresa's Mother, Rosa DiSalvatore Coppola and Angelo Coppola were our grandparents. Our father's name (Teresa's brother) was Anthony Coppola. We are four of his children, (Antoinette Coppola Olsen, Rose Marie Coppola Piatkowski, Angelina Coppola Kosinski, and Andimo Coppola. Our Family has lived in the Schenectady area all of our lives. Our Grandparents Rosa and Angelo did come here to america with their family in approximately 1915-1916 and settled here in schenectady. Please respond to the following email address with information so we can contact you.

antoinetteo116@yahoo.com

lisagooley
Rookie
Rookie

Postby lisagooley » 14 Mar 2008, 19:40

Wow - this really works!

Bzacc

Postby Bzacc » 16 Mar 2008, 12:56

I knew that there were coppolas in schenectady but it was a needle in a haystack trying to find the 1st cousins - there are a lot. Great news. This has assisted me in administering 2 very complicated estates. Now i just have to sort out the first cousins on the father's side of the family. Most of those folks never came to America.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”