Berrittieri, Berrettieri or Beratiga

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lostpast

Berrittieri, Berrettieri or Beratiga

Postby lostpast » 10 Mar 2008, 20:35

I have those three maiden names in the suject line for my grandmother with first name Guisseppina or Guisseppia. Born Sept 8, 1899 or 1898. Her place of birth was Preoli, syracuse, Italy or Ragusa, Italy or Saracosa, Italy. I found ship records with the name Berrettieri and she settled initially in Meriden, Conn. Her mother's name is the only consistent thing: Gaitana Daniella. Her father was Mariano or Amadeo.

Without hiring someone to help me, does anyone have contacts I could email in Preoli or Ragusa or Sarcosa who could look up birth records?

Thanks for your help!

nazca
Elite
Elite

Re: Berrittieri, Berrettieri or Beratiga

Postby nazca » 10 Mar 2008, 20:56

Hi ,

the correct first name is Giuseppa or Giuseppina. In east-sicily we have the city of ragusa and the city of siracusa. I think is not Preoli but PRIOLO Gargallo near Siracusa ( web: www.priologargallo.net
E-Mail: prigallo@virgilio.it ) . take a look

regards

Vincenzo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).

misbris
Master
Master

Re: Berrittieri, Berrettieri or Beratiga

Postby misbris » 10 Mar 2008, 21:23

It looks as though the name in Sicily is spelled Birritierri. Vincenzo is correct, the name is found in only two towns, Priolo Gargallo and Augusta.

http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cognomi/cognomi.html

Return to “Italian Genealogy”