Gildone Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
toni_62

Gildone Family

Post by toni_62 »

Hello,

I am trying to find any information on my grandfather, Leonardo Gildone. Any information at all. He was married to Carmela Mattia who was born on May 21, 1901 in Ripabottoni, Campobasso. They both died in Ripabottoni but I don't know dates. That's all I know. Can anyone help me?

Thanks so much!

Toni
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Gildone Family

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Toni and welcome to the forum.

There are LDS films for Ripabottoni here is the link
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... ato+civile++

The films only run from 1809 to 1900 so you wouldn't find Carmela Mattia but if Leonardo Gildone was older then her, you have a pretty good chance of finding his birth act which will list his parents names so you should be able to find their marriage banns and birth acts too and possibly their parents marriage and births.

For Carmela you will have to write to Ripabottoni and request an integral copy of her birth. If you request only a birth certificate it will not list her parents names.

Here is a link for the form letter that has to be in italian, this does it for you just fill in the blanks
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

Once you hit the translate button and save you letter copy it and post it to the translation forum and ask someone to please modify the letter so it is requesting an integral copy of the birth.

Here is the address to send the request to

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Ripabottoni
86040 RIPABOTTONI CB
ITALY

Hope this helps.
Elizabeth
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

What are the names of the children in order of birth? I have the records, but won't get to the library until next week sometime...let me know and I will find out about Leonardo.

I have Gildone in my family tree from Ripabottoni.
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Toni........

Went to the library and didn't find Leonardo's birth record. Do you have any idea when he was born? I went from 1885 to 1900 and found no Leonardo Gildone. Any chance he was born in 1901 or later?

We might have to contact that Aunt of yours in Ripabottoni. Let me see what else I can come up with. I know a Mattia researcher who has done a lot of work on that line. Maybe she can come up with something.

There was only one Gildone family at the time I was searching...an Antonio and his wife was a Sauro. Does any of this sound familiar?

Let me look some more and if you have anything to add, let me know.

Susan
toni_62

Post by toni_62 »

Susan,
Thankyou so much for taking the time to help me out. I managed to contact a cousin who was able to give me more information. I always thought my grandfather was older than my grandmother but now I am told he was born in 1904. His parents were Maria Antonio Sauro (I don't know when or where she was born but I am told she was not from Ripabottoni) and Antonio Gildone (I don't have a birth date, but I was told that he died at the age of 96.)
Again, I really appreciate your help. Thank you so much.

Toni
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Ok. that corresponds with what I learned about Antonio. Will Check it out.

Also, there is some indication that Carmel's full name was Filomena Maria Carmela Mattia, born 21 May 1901 to Innocenzo Mattia and Maria Cresecenza Pagano. Cannot get her birth record, but might be able to find other family members.

Sauro is very common name in Ripabottoni. I will check to see if she was born there or elsewhere.

Back by tomorrow with what I find.
toni_62

Post by toni_62 »

Susan,

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I'm just confirming that my grandmother's full name was Filomena Maria Carmela Mattia. She was born in Ripabottoni on May 21, 1901. Her parents were Innocenzo Mattia and Maria Crescenza Pagano. I can go back as far as 1790 on my grandmother's side of the family, It's my grandfather (Leonardo Gildone) that I really need help with.

Thanks again

Toni
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Toni,

I finally found him!...Antonio that is. Was just lucky to find an Antonio with a death date listed on his birth record.

Antonio Filomeo Gildone was born on 9 August 1869 to
Remegio Gildone, son of Francescantonio, age 25 and his wife
Anna Maria Corona, daughter of the late Domenico, age 30.
It is noted on the birth record that Antonio died 17 Nov 1962 in Ripabottoni, so this has to be the correct record.

Remegio Gildone was born 11 Dec 1843 to
Francescantonio Gildone, age 25 and his wife
Giuseppa d’Addario, age 21

Francescantonio Gildone was born ?? June 1818 to
Remegio Gildone, age 32 and to his wife
Maria Giuseppa Sauro, age 27.

Anna Maria Corona was born 14 April 1839 to
Domenico Corona, age 26 and his wife
Martin??a Boccaccio, age 28

I copied the original documents, but the quality is bad so I need to clean them up a bit before sending them so that you can read them. There is a lot of bleed through from the ink on the back of the pages.

Do you have the female lines associated with Carmela Mattia? I keep looking at the name of her mother--Pagano--and I am not familiar with the name. Maybe it is one I have overlooked. I am thinking the name could be Paduano, but I will check for you. But, still don't know if you have the female lines...after all, they are half of everything!

By the way, Remegio born about 1768 and wife, Giuseppa Sauro, born about the same time...these are your ggggreat grandparents. They are my ggggreat grandparents as well!

So Hello Cousin!

Back later with more............

Susan
toni_62

Post by toni_62 »

Susan, you are AMAZING!! I don't know how to thank you enough for all your help. The best part was finding out that WE are related!
Back to my grandmother, Carmela Mattia. I can tell you what I have. I have a copy of "I registri di nascita iniziano dall'anno 1808 Famiglia Mattia". It is stamped and dated March14, 2007 from Comune di Ripabottoni-CB- Ufficio di Stato Civile.
Filomena Maria Carmela born in Ripabottoni May 21, 1901. Her parents: Innocenzo Mattia born in Ripabottoni October 4, 1874 married Maria Crescenza Pagano January 12, 1896.
Innocenzo Mattia was married twice. He married his second wife (Maria Gabriella Stinziani born in Morrone Del Sannio) October 11, 1917
Innocenzo Mattia is the son of Giovanantonio (born in Ripabottoni September 1, 1850) and Filomena Colangelo of Ripabottoni. Giovanantonio and Filomena were married December 4, 1873.
Giovanantonio Mattia's parents are Innocenzo Mattia (born in Ripabottoni February 4, 1820) and Martina (or Martinella) Paduano.
Innocenzo Mattia's father was Giovanni Mattia (born around 1790). Innocenzo married Annarosa Quadri(or Liquadri or DelliQuadri)
There are a lot more names on this. To make it short I just gave you my grandmother's line.

Again THANKYOU!!! Thankyou!!!!!

Keep in touch,

Toni
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

Hi my name is Leonardo . I was named after my grandfather .I have stumbled on this site an
and am in aw that Toni 62 is related to Leonardo Gildone .All the names mentioned and dates are correct .I am just curios to know who is this " cousin" of my mine Toni 62 . Please keep in touch or email me at leonardocalisto@ bell.net Regards Leonardo