surname Lucente and Frangioni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lucente

surname Lucente and Frangioni

Postby lucente » 17 Mar 2008, 20:48

I am looking for the village that my g,grandfather Luigi Lucente and g,grandmother Francesca Frangioni emigrated from, arriving in Liverpool England around 1887 with baby son Ernesto.
most Italian Immigrants in Liverpool at that time originated from Picinisco or that area. My g,grandparents where not from Picinisco. maybe that area.
any suggestions would be appreciated.
regards
Lucente.

Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Re: surname Lucente and Frangioni

Postby Seraphina » 26 Apr 2008, 18:32

Hi Lucente,

Looking in the UK BMD Free site, there are several people in Liverpool by the name of Lucente or Lucenti. Luigi Lucenti's death is registered on that site forr June 1899.

Have you tried this site? If not, it might be a good place to start your search. A copy of his death certificate might inform you where in Italy he originated.

Good luck

Seraphina

lucente

Postby lucente » 27 Apr 2008, 15:53

Hi Seraphina,
thank you for your reply,
yes I have the death Certificate for Luigi Lucente, it does not state the place of birth, just the cause of death, pneumonia, and the address where he was living.
regards
Lucente

Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Seraphina » 27 Apr 2008, 17:35

lucente wrote:Hi Seraphina,
thank you for your reply,
yes I have the death Certificate for Luigi Lucente, it does not state the place of birth, just the cause of death, pneumonia, and the address where he was living.
regards
Lucente

Hi Lucente,

Another suggestion. If you go on the gens Italia site and type in Lucente or Frangioni in the cognome box and click the red arrow next to it, you'll see where those surnames currently are most common. I have just searched this, and to be truthful, both surnames occur almost throughout Italy. However, there are a large number of both surnames occurring in Genoa, so that might be a good place to start.

Hope this doesn't lead you on a wild goose chase.

Another thought before I go, did either of your gr grandparents take out British Naturalisation? If they did, the Naturalisation papers will most probably tell you where he or she originated.
Seraphina

lucente

Postby lucente » 27 Apr 2008, 17:48

Hi Seraphina,
thank you for your reply
yes I have tried the conome site and also I have e mailed the records at genoa who did reply but they had no record of the family.

I am currently checking all the towns were both names occur and will try and check the records. the Majority of Lucent/e/i surnames are in the south
and Frangioni in the North, but I will keep trying.

regards
Lucente.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”