Dal Bianco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Italdescent

Dal Bianco

Postby Italdescent » 20 Mar 2008, 05:51

Hello!

I have several families I'm looking for, all from which I am descended, but I guess I'll start with my mother's family. I'm looking for a Mateo Dal Bianco, married to Caterina Zampieri. They are my great- great grandparents. Their son was Bortolo Dal Bianco, and he resided in Vicenza. I'd like any information as to who Mateo and Caterina's parents were, as I am building a family tree.

Thank you all!

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Dal Bianco

Postby BillieDeKid » 20 Mar 2008, 13:35

Hi Itadescent and welcome to the forum.

Maybe you can give a few more details. Do you know the comune (town) Mateo and Caterina were from? Did they come to the US and if so about what year did they come? Do you know the approximate birth years for them and/or for their children? Can you give us the names of all their children and approximate birth years? If they came to the US where did they settle?

Bortolo resided in Vicenza, is that the comune of Vicenza or the province of Vicenza? If the province we will need to figure out which comune.

VICENZA, province: Vicenza - region: Veneto

The more details you can give the easier it will be for people to help out.

Regards,
Elizabeth

Italdescent

Postby Italdescent » 21 Mar 2008, 23:08

Thanks, Elizabeth

The comune was Chiampo, in the province of Vicenza. I actually don't know much about Caterina and Mateo, because my grandfather knows so little. I do know that they had 11 children, 5 of which survived to adulthood: Maria, Giana, Francisco, Pio, Bortolo, and Giovanni. Giovanni was a priest in Brescia (comune)

I know Bortolo was born in 1911, and died in 1982. His son, my grandfather, is named Luigi (he's still alive). My grandfather actually immigrated to Brazil with my great-grandparents, around the time of WWII. Bortolo had 5 children, Gianfranco, Antonio, Luigi (my grandfather), Dino, and Caterina. Bortolo's wife's name was Rina Faedo from Chiampo, born in 1920.

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 22 Mar 2008, 00:41

Hi

I looked and there are LDS microfilms for Chiampo civil records for the years 1806 through 1908. You should be able to find the marriage of Mateo and Caterina and possible children too.

Civil records link
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... o+civile++

Find a Family History Center (FHC) near you
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Write down the numbers and descriptions of the films you want to order and go to your FHC to order.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

As for additional records for maybe someone with a subscription to ancestry can look those up for you. I don't have a subscription....sorry. But there are alot of great people here on the forum that will be able to help you there. Just post back and let them know what records you would like to find.

Regards,
Elizabeth

Italdescent

Postby Italdescent » 26 Mar 2008, 02:03

Thanks so much! That was really helpful.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”