Pavullo/sassoguidano/montespecchio/verica

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mwilken
Rookie
Rookie

Pavullo/sassoguidano/montespecchio/verica

Postby mwilken » 22 Mar 2008, 00:39

I am looking for birth certificates and marrieage certificates for ancestors in these areas. They were all born and married in the later 1800's. Is there one area in Italy that covers all of this territory for research. And is the LDS the best place for records?
Thank you.

misbris
Master
Master

Re: Pavullo/sassoguidano/montespecchio/verica

Postby misbris » 22 Mar 2008, 01:17

For reference:

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =6279.html

LDS is an excellent place for records if you have the time to do the research. I find it fascinating because you learn so much about so many generations, but it can be time consuming.

In Italy, records are kept at the local level, so you must write to each place for information. If you are having trouble finding these towns, perhaps this site can help you identify them. All of them seem to be in the province of Modena

http://www.italyworldclub.com/italian_frazioni/

mwilken
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mwilken » 22 Mar 2008, 01:38

Thank you. I was just making notes so I can order the microfilm from our LDS church. We are going to visit the Motese area in 2009 and are also looking for a local tour guide that could possibly transport 6-10 people for a week through the area. Someone who speaks English and Italian. Any ideas?

Essgee
Master
Master

Postby Essgee » 22 Mar 2008, 14:35

Why don't you Google Montese? You will find travel agents, hotel people, etc. that might be able to help.

Besides that, there are local Montese businesses that have English web sites. Why not E-mail them and ask. No doubt that they have visitors from other countries...ask how they supply translators, transportation, etc.
Maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Got nothing to loose.

mwilken
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mwilken » 22 Mar 2008, 17:56

Essgee wrote:Why don't you Google Montese? You will find travel agents, hotel people, etc. that might be able to help.

Besides that, there are local Montese businesses that have English web sites. Why not E-mail them and ask. No doubt that they have visitors from other countries...ask how they supply translators, transportation, etc.
Maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Got nothing to loose.
Thanks. Great idea.

pell68

Postby pell68 » 01 Jan 2010, 23:41

What surnames are you looking for?
In Sassoguidano I'm looking for Lazzari.

mwilken wrote:I am looking for birth certificates and marrieage certificates for ancestors in these areas. They were all born and married in the later 1800's. Is there one area in Italy that covers all of this territory for research. And is the LDS the best place for records?
Thank you.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”